Anyone get hit by the Commonwealth bank glitch?

snifter

http://www.news.com.au/finance/business/customers-are-furious-as-the-commonwealth-bank-scrambles-to-refund-duplicate-charges/story-fnkjidjt-1227481586138

CommBank had duplicated all our transactions in the past day or so :eek::rolleyes: Was a bit of a chunk but thankfully it didn't leave us with zero funds or anything like what some people found or unable to pay DD's or get hit by late payment fees etc.

Here is hoping they finish fixing it soon.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/business/customers-are-furious-as-the-commonwealth-bank-scrambles-to-refund-duplicate-charges/story-fnkjidjt-1227481586138

CommBank had duplicated all our transactions in the past day or so :eek::rolleyes: Was a bit of a chunk but thankfully it didn't leave us with zero funds or anything like what some people found or unable to pay DD's or get hit by late payment fees etc.

Here is hoping they finish fixing it soon.

Nope, didn't get affected. But you have reminded me that I need to follow up something with Commonwealth.

I queried a transaction of my credit card...a plumbing shop in Beijing! Pretty sure that it wasn't me :smile: Anyway, after filling in lots of forms, having the credit card cancelled and reissued...am still waiting for their call to see if i'm getting my $78 back...has been 7 weeks...which is odd because normally they are pretty efficient...apart from the issue above!:smile:

Edited by Tamara (Homes Down Under)

Nope, we didn't get hit but then I rarely use the Commonwealth debit card these days. And even if we had I would have been pretty chilled about it. 15 years working in the IT support industry for large organisations has made me pretty aware of how easy it is for something like this to happen and how hard people are working behind the scenes to put it right. Someone in CommBank is going to have some serious explaining to do today though.

A few duplicated transactions but all returned. No drama for us. Totally agree with NicF - I also feel for the IT team on the ground - they will be under horrible pressure, especially over something that has impacted customers so heavily. You can bet you life it will all be about passing the blame and covering one's backside.

A few duplicated transactions but all returned. No drama for us. Totally agree with NicF - I also feel for the IT team on the ground - they will be under horrible pressure, especially over something that has impacted customers so heavily. You can bet you life it will all be about passing the blame and covering one's backside.

They must be working overtime.

Have just been online and credit card and mortgage accounts are all unavailable. Must be a serious glitch.