Bank account for when we arrive

Gary1980

Hi all, I'm making a few more steps towards moving to Oz and am now looking at bank accounts which I would like to set up before we arrive,

can anyone give me some pointers on there banks ie service and costs (not sort code and acces numbers ?)

i see NAB advertised is this considered the best for ex pats ?

Like the UK, all the banks here are mostly the same really. Some may offer the odd product different but for a basic bank account you could go with pretty much any of the main banks. We started with ANZ then switched to Commonwealth Bank when we got a mortgage with them. You do have to watch for charges on your account and on cash machines from other banks. And if you start out with one bank and then decide another is a better bet for you then you can always switch later. Or use two or three different ones.

Hi all, I'm making a few more steps towards moving to Oz and am now looking at bank accounts which I would like to set up before we arrive,

can anyone give me some pointers on there banks ie service and costs (not sort code and acces numbers )

i see NAB advertised is this considered the best for ex pats ?

Hi Welcome to Forum

I would say personally that Commonwealth Bank is Best in all..I have no any Account with NAB or ANZAC or any other but They all are good.

Commonwealth is associated with large percentage of people here.

Thanks