bonds?

Guest dotty

Guest dotty

Hi,

Just reading posts about having to pay a bond before you get the visa.

This is the first I've heard of this and I feel a panic coming on!

Can someone tell me what it's all about?

I'm waiting to hear on a SIR 495 visa.

Thanks!

Dotty

PS- Any other hidden costs I should know about?

Guest graandjac

Hi Dotty, the bond is paid by some people as it gives you an extra 5 points towards your total points score its 100,000 dollars and is held for 1 year by the oz goverment, so if you have already cleared your 120 points dont worry :D hope this helps Graham

Guest steph&neil

hi dotty the bond you talk about may be to cover the cost of your flights if the

employment ends - some employers ask for this; they will return it when the sponsorship ends - 1 of my hubbys contacts had to pay this but just got his back as he got his perm status worth checking but if my hubby had been sponsored by same employer he would have had to pay £2000/$5000, would have got it back with interest but as it turned out i got a sponsor first!

good luck!

are you using a uk agent & if so which 1?

steph

Guest dotty

Thanks Steph.

I don't think I have to pay it after all, just having a panic as there seems to be lots of little hidden costs along the way!

I am using the UK agents 'Immigration Downunder' - because of my age I only had one shot at applying and didn't want to mess it up by applying for the wrong visa.

Everythings sent off, just waiting.....and waiting!!!

How about you?

Dotty

Guest steph&neil

hi dotty! we are coming in on the ENS visa i have a job offer & the employer is going sponsor me! we were using an agent but today they decided that they have too much of a work load to handle our case - they have sent info we need to apply ourselves but i would like to use an agent as they should know there stuff!

keep me posted as to how you are getting on

steph x :lol: