• Moneycorp currency Transfers
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
      markshelley

Comfortable or not???????????

Hey all,

I have been doing a little bit of research and it seems that my job would pay in the region of $90k - $100k.
      Is that sort of wage that a family of 5 can live on?
      What would be my monthly take home pay i.e minus tax, etc, etc?

Title
      Liked
      74 times
      Rep
      Oooh I'd really like to know this too - so have bumped you up to the top in the hope someone will reply!! :D:D

Quote Originally Posted by markshelley View Post
      Hey all,

I have been doing a little bit of research and it seems that my job would pay in the region of $90k - $100k.

sarahsmartiepants
      Hey all,

If thats what you will earning then dont worry, we survive on almost half that and we are a family of 4, 2 teenagers and a mortgage!
      You will pay the higher amount of tax over $60k I think, not sure of the amount as it doesnt effect us
      sarah

cornish Busdriver
      Sounds like a good pay packet.
      Spose it depends on how extravagent you are planning to live ???.
      Me and the missus (no brats) between us should be pulling in about $120,000 PA b4 deductions and we are planning carefully.
      We are budgeting for around $5000 PM on out goings before we think about any playtime.

Title
      Liked
      181 times
      Rep
      Bl**dy Hell Cornish, $5000! What are you thinking of doing with your cash????? Or should I not ask!!! And please, those of us with 'brats' as you call them, don't think of them as such, well not all the time!!!!:)

We live on less than the 90k and are doing very well nicely. We have a mortgage of $1200 a month and we are paying extra off that, a credit card, frequent shopping trips with 1 teen and one almost teen - both girls - so the phone bills are high, ridiculous elec bills, etc.

It can be done but you don't mention if you will be paying out on a mortgage and if so how much you expect to pay, how many cars you will be running, what you expect your standard of living to be, how many meals out a week, if any, you expect to have? You also do not mention if you plan to have any savings.

I don't know about the tax rate because to be honest, I am not interested. I know what I take home each month and it covers my expenses, allows me to do things and look after my girls, and other than that, that's all I am bothered about. Possibly shallow but I am easily pleased.

Title
      Liked
      27 times
      Rep
      That's a good salary, you will manage depending on outgoings. Good luck

Angela
      Angela (43), Ashley (45), Bradley (17), Thomas (13) & Max our Spoodle (6) Visa Process 23/10/06 - granted 27/04/07. Now permanent residents as of Sept 09.
      Arrived 6th Sept 07 Living in Onkaparinga Hills. Building a new home 2014 Hallett Cove with Rivergum 2 Story & views back / front :D
      AGS Painting & Decorating PM me or email agspainting@adam.com.au

Title
      Liked
      9 times
      Rep
      hi
      this is the updated tax rates as from July 08 sent to me by my accountant up to $6000 0 % tax 6001-34,000 15% 34001-80000 30% 80001-180000 40% over $180001 45% tax.There is also a medicare levy which has gone up this year to earinings over $150000, so that shouldn't effect you now from memory I think they took 2% of earnings unless you took out private health care. You can look this up on the ato web site just to make sure? I would think you should be quite comfortable on that wage - but it depends on how you live, big house new car, expensive clothes etc. Realestate.com has a loan calculator so you can work out roughly your monthly re payments (or rent) if you buy you have to pay water and council rates which varies from area to area.From personnal experience we took a large wage cut when we first arrived and so rented for over 2 years, bought 2nd hand furniture and 'made do' we did not want to spend all our savings to start with so left money in the uk ( and actually with the exchange rate the way it is at the moment would make even more sense!) We've been here 12 years now, and have no regrets!
      Hope this helps you and good luck!

cornish Busdriver
      Hiya Libby.
      We kind of over budget on everything when we are trying something new just to make sure we can survive on the money we will be pulling in and if we have over budgeted thens thas a bonus to us.
      Were putting down about 150K to 200K as a deposit on a house upto 400K so were hoping our morgage payments will be 2k per month or less.
      We will be needing 2 cars as i will be working out at Algate and the missus works in town.
      Were not realy into pubs and clubs but like to go out once or twice a month for a nice meal and spare time is normally spent finding new places to explore and walk the dogs or i like to go fishing.
      So were not that extravagent realy.

Title
      Liked
      422 times
      Rep
      Hey all,

It depends on your outgoings - how big the mortgage is etc.
      Personally I don't know anyone on that sort of wage here - but if you believe you can get it- good luck.
      Although research suggests you can get it - doesn't necessarily mean you will. As in most cases here - you have to start off in a much lower position than you were in the uk.
      Big congrats if you do though.

Title
      Liked
      48 times
      Rep
      We as a family of 2 Adults and 2 teens are on a single income similar to that and have a very comfortable life.We manage to eat out and have at least a couple of interstate hols a year.We run 2 cars a large 4x4 and a small Barina for commuting to work.A lot of people manage on a lot less we were lucky that our Uk company moved us and our package was a bit more than we were on in the UK.

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums