money transfer

ianb

Hi all,

How did those already lucky enough to be in Adelaide go about transfering the cash they had in the uk from savings and house sale to Aus?

Did you go through a finance company or just trasnfer on line to an Aus account?

Any advice appreciated

Ian

Guest Russfamily

We had a bank account set uo in adelaide already with bank sa (south australia) you can contact them online, and they have internet banking which is great. then hifx changed our money into dollors they are also on the net and the bank transfer went through into our bank sa account

Westpac are very well recommended & if you use HIFX to buy the exchange rate for you, there are a couple of benefits with the Westpac account:

open from the UK within 24 hours

$5 fee per month

There is a HIFX thread, not old April 07, read through this as its useful 8)

Angela

This is the link to the westpac thread. I have used HiFx in the past for transferring money from the UK to Oz and really can't fault them.

They are very efficient and friendly. My money took about two days to get transferred across with minimal fuss. I would suggest giving Jonathan Sermon a call and he would be able to explain more about the Westpac thing and also trnasferring cash. :D

http://pomsinadelaide.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3789&highlight=#3789

Guest graandjac

I spoke to westpac and HIfx today and all i can say v v good service seams very easy to open an account, ring hi fx first and they put westpac onto you. cheers Gra and Jac

• 3 months later...
Guest sa2uk2oz

Hi Angela

What kind of comission do HIFX take for transferring the money for you. Did you have any worries re sending your money over? We would be looking to sending the proceeds from the sale of our place over and just need reassurance i suppose.

Ta

Claire

Guest dglamoore

HIFX don't take a commission from you for transferring funds - it is free :cute:

think the commission is there somewhere in the way they work their exchange rate but good when you work your money out as no extra charges popping up along the way :jiggy:

Lisa:v_SPIN:

I'd have to agree with everyone regarding the transfer of money.

When we visited Adelaide in April 07 we took the liberty of opening up a streamline (current) account with the commonwealth bank, we just waited patiently for the rate to increase and used HIFX to do the transferring for us, quick, easy and very very efficient. We also contacted the branch once the money was in the account and asked them to open up an additional savings account within the branch and transfer the money into this, as you get more interest on your money than using the internet banking. The interest rate there is higher than here, so it makes sense to get the best exchange rate and transfer over to a savings account.

You can lock your money in for anything from 3 to 12 months and get even better interest again.

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hi,

We opened an account with the Commonwealth via their London branch, when we were ready to transfer we phoned around for the best rate, on the day the Commonwealth gave us the best rate we locked in and also bought a foward contract with them for future funds, sent our monies to London and collected in Adelaide on our arrival, really easy.

Last week week we used Hifx and that also was an easy stress free transaction, so when the time comes use who will give you the best rate.

Good luck

Guzzler