Can we have HSBC account?

Guest the4hopes

Hi there,

yes you can!! We are going today to sort out our Adelaide account. All you need to do is make an appointment with the bank to discuss the why's and wherefores.......id; you will need, passport, birth or marriage certificate, a credit card that shows your first (christian ) name, and a household bill.

The process can take about 3 weeks to set up, but the actual account takes 3 days.

The adelaide branch will contact you when all the documents arrive, easy as that, my love.

Jane

:wubclub:

Guest the4hopes

Hi Jane,

Thanks for that, I will go in today, not sure if its too late we are leaving on 14th Oct!!!

We live in Stroud, so Cheltenham is local to us, we were there shopping on sunday.

Laura x

Guest The Hadleys

Hi

Yes you can open one here for Adelaide, we did it last week, me and hubby went into a local branch to have our id's certified and we have collect our credit cards, debit cards and cheque book from a nominated branch in Adelaide. Quite simple I thoughy although I let my hubby do it all.

Take care

Dawn

Guest sarahsmartiepants

We were with the HSBC in UK but credit history didnt pass over at that time, also remember there is only one branch and it is in the city, youu also have to be carefull drawing money out of ATMs that are not your branch they can charge you here.

sarah

Guest Alipally

We've just opened an account with HSBC in Adelaide.... Be aware that most of the staff are Chinese and so communication can be challenging... we went in wanting 4 different accounts and being sure of what we wanted, and came out with just one account and a fair amount of confusion.....

For us at least, it's going to be a good starter account while we sort out the most cost effective bank in SA!

We went in to get a statement to show our balance so that we could get a mobile phone contract, it cost $8.00!:shocked:

In the meantime, I'm happy with my Nationwide cards.... they've been a godsend!

Ali x

Guest Nick11
We've just opened an account with HSBC in Adelaide.... Be aware that most of the staff are Chinese and so communication can be challenging... we went in wanting 4 different accounts and being sure of what we wanted, and came out with just one account and a fair amount of confusion.....

For us at least, it's going to be a good starter account while we sort out the most cost effective bank in SA!

We went in to get a statement to show our balance so that we could get a mobile phone contract, it cost $8.00!:shocked:

In the meantime, I'm happy with my Nationwide cards.... they've been a godsend!

Ali x

We opened ours back in the uk.

Staff were friendly and very efficient , but depended on who served you.

We found it a pain to have to go into the city if we needed a bankers draft - which in the beginning we needed quite a few of.

We used our card to get money out the post office or the supermarkets as there is only one atm in the city - there was a lot of confusion over our pin numbers - which was a pain.

We swopped over to westpac a few months later.

Guest guest569

We opened an account on arriving to Adelaide 3yrs ago. Like sarah says they only have one branch which is a real pain although you can withdraw cash at post offices.

I found them very incompetent and stressfull especially as they sent all my cards, pin numbers and cheque books to my previous address. ( The house i sold in the UK !!!!):arghh:

Oh NO,

does this mean my "premier account manager" will also have poor English? I only know "happy new year" in chinese, so that's not a big help is it?:biglaugh:

What i found irritating was, we had to go to Manchester to open our Adelaide account; apparently Liverpool is incapable of such rudimentary actions!! Still, the staff where extremely helpful, polite and courteous, even to scousers, lol......

We will collect our stuff when we get to Adelaide; but our english cards will still be active, so no rush.

Laura, i have been to Stroud, once, seems a nice place. Although the downside is my former boss lives there........enjoy your shopping trip. I will be doing yet another car boot sale, in the rain!!!

We bank with the HSBC in UK, I asked them about opening an account in Adelaide they told me to go back in December and they take all the details and pass on to the international department and they will arrange everything for us. Will let you know nearer the time if its that straight forward. After reading various posts think I will also open an Aussie account now thats another decision to make:arghh:

Jo x