secure the rate?
Like many of you out there we have been watching the rate and are thinking of securing it today before the interest rate is reviewed tomorrow.
What are you doing?
Just wondering whether to take the gamble and hold steady or be safe. I like the safety idea but my hubby thinks we should gamble.
I never thought we'd see 2.5 let alone anything higher than that.
:)As you said its a good rate , when we came over it was a case of getting fed up of looking at the rate what seemed like 24 hours a day.......after all you haven't lost anything if the rate drops as you never had it in the first place. Its your decision.............and a hard one to make, but when its made irs another big weight off your mind.
Ahhh Vikki that's the bl***y 64 million dollar question
I am sooooooooooo confused
HIFX are offering 2.34
What's the difference in all these companies
I am afraid of paying a deposit to secure a rate and house sale falling through
I'm waiting for a call back from hifx but after speaking to an advisor she has said we can get better than what they are advertising on their website today.
I'm also trying to get through to moneycorp who are currently offering 2.674. If you secure the rate though its valid for 2 years but like you i'm expecting to exchange contracts on our house within 2 weeks and am worried if the house fell through we'd be in trouble, i can raise the 10% that hifx are asking for upfront but it would leave us skint!
I'm just off the phone with Moneycorp and I thought they said the secured rate was only for 2 months
Oh, i can't get through to them. I know with hifx its for 2 years