How long to get UK tax back?

Guest becky c

Guest becky c

Hi everyone,

We left the Uk end of July, we went to our local tax office and filled in the relevant forms and gave them P45 etc. So far we've had nothing in the way of any tax back. Any idea how long this should take?

Thanks,

Bec x :wubclub:

Guest becky c

Cheers Lea, that makes sense I guess. Did you need to give them a forwarding address for correspondence? We weren't able to, but we gave them our bank account details for any tax owed. Do I need to let them know of our address now?

Thanks,

Bec x

Guest steve&tracy

Hi I've had to ring up 6 times since being in Adelaide. The tax office had all the relevant paper work before we even left including Bank details and correspondence Address.. I'm sure there stalling!! Said i would receive rebate by end of next week. We will see. I can see another phone call coming.

Hi there I had mine back in about 3 months, but Andys took forever, we left in October and I had mine in January - we did have to ring them and give them a nudge a few times for Andys. Mine was deposited into our UK bank account, Andy was sent a UK cheque, which we took into Westpac, cost $10 to cash and we got whatever they were offering exchange rate that day. If you do call them use the website http://www.saynoto0870.com/ to find your local office number rather than ringing the premium rate number. Great if you want to call banks too!

Lindsey