income

Guest ems

Hi Guys.

Just a quick question. Is anybody able to give me a rough estimate of my income after deductions are taken off? Just wanting to start thinking about what i can really afford rental wise.

I have been told it will be roughly $54,500.0 P/A providing i do shift work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hope you all have a great xmas.

Cheers .:emoticon-signxmas:

Thanks guys. Yes that is for full time Clare. Only wish it was a part time wage.

Unfortunately Rachel i am going on a 457 visa so really won't be entitled to anything when i get there. RAH have promised to put us through for PR after 3 months so i think the 1st year will def be a struggle. I count the days till pay day here in the U.K so i'm used to living on a budget anyway.

Cheers again Guys.x

Hi, just a quick question, I thought that because we are British Citizens we are covered by medicare because of the reciprocal agreement with the British Government and so it does not matter what visa we are on. I am also going on a 457. Can anyone clarify this for me.

Thanks

Jo x:emoticon-signxmas:

yes thats what I have been lead to believe as well... xx

Guest Aussie pat

We looked into this when we weren't sure if my husband would get PR. He would have had to take out private insurance cover as migrants aren't covered in the long term by the reciprocal agreement which is for short term visitors.

Guest Aussie pat

Passionate Pom is right. We looked into this when my OH thought he might not get PR. You aren't covered by the reciprocal agreement as a migrant. It's for short term cover only.

Passionate Pom is right. We looked into this when my OH thought he might not get PR. You aren't covered by the reciprocal agreement as a migrant. It's for short term cover only.

Hi,

you ARE covered for the period your visa is valid, I have a medicare card that is valid for 3 years from the date of arrival, it is not the full cover that PR visa holders get, but then PR visa holders don't get the cover we are used to from the NHS in UK, it will cover you for emergency treatment and many other things but not everything. you are coverered for a GP visit but only for about $33.50 I think, some charge more and you have to pay the difference, you are not covered for an ingrown toe nail however painful, I found this out recently, $55 for that.

Simon:smilexmas:

Simon is correct.

Been here 19 months now and had to go to hospital with daughter last week. It was all covered by the reciprcal agreement. She had x-rays etc - at one stage they were concerned she'd broken a bone in her neck.

I went to docs last week - first time ever in oz and again with tonsillitus and it was covered by medicare.

However my cosmetic surgery and gastric band op have been put on hold til i get pr!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi ems, just a query, i've been offered (and OH) a job in lyell mc ewin hospital through o grady payton, just wondering if you go through the same agency, coz until now we still waiting for our visa, it was lodged november 12.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest thebaddeleys
Hi, just a quick question, I thought that because we are British Citizens we are covered by medicare because of the reciprocal agreement with the British Government and so it does not matter what visa we are on. I am also going on a 457. Can anyone clarify this for me.

Thanks

Jo x:emoticon-signxmas:

Hi Jo,

We are on a 457 and we are entitled to medicare you just have to take out some extras cover for things like ambulances and dentists but everyone has to do this not just us on a 457.

Hope this helps x x

Kerry x

Graham

It is usually government workers that are privy to salary sacrifice. They can basically opt to get an allocated percentage of there salary tax free!! 16% is about the average amount. Not bad eh!

The phrase salary sacrifice is also used when people wish to pay more money in to there Superannuation, this is where a certain amount be directed to the Super fund pre-tax dollars.

Andy

Guest graandjac
Graham

It is usually government workers that are privy to salary sacrifice. They can basically opt to get an allocated percentage of there salary tax free!! 16% is about the average amount. Not bad eh!

The phrase salary sacrifice is also used when people wish to pay more money in to there Superannuation, this is where a certain amount be directed to the Super fund pre-tax dollars.

Andy

Cheers Andy , just wanted to make sure i wasn't missing out;)