Tax rebate when leaving UK

Guest ReadyPenny

Guest ReadyPenny

Hi Guys

Do any of you know if I can claim a tax rebate as I am leaving the UK? I have worked full time since the beginning of the tax year up until Christmas when I finished to organise our move.

Just trying to get any extra cash from anywhere I can!!!

Cheers

Mandy

Guest Claireg

Hi

we looked into this and went to the tax office in St Helens (notice your from Leigh - we're from Billinge) and they said that you can only claim in the next tax year like you do already. They have changed all the rules. Also they will give you a form to submit a change of address which is about 6 pages long!!! Say no more its the UK Govenment!

Hope this helps you

Claire:D

Guest KP Nuts

Hi Mandy, yes you can, you need a P85 form "Leaving the UK" 4 pages long, fill it in, leave an account where you would like the money paid into, and then wait...... mine took about 6 weeks.

Hope that helps.

Guest rockpool crab
Hi Mandy, yes you can, you need a P85 form "Leaving the UK" 4 pages long, fill it in, leave an account where you would like the money paid into, and then wait...... mine took about 6 weeks.

Hope that helps.

Hiya

I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's 6 weeks. I posted mine around 3rd week in December. Hope it works out :arghh:

will check online for the happy daaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Cheers... Carol Ann

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rockpool crab

Hope that helps.

Hi there,

I filled mine in on 3rd December and hadn't heard much so OH phoned to find out about it all and the guy he spoke to said that only people who were self employed were entitled to the rebate...does anyone know if that's true.

Still nothing in my account that's for sure :-(

Catch you later

Carol Ann

Guest KP Nuts

Hi Carol Ann, well I'm not self employed, I used to work for Sainsbury's in the HR department, and I got a rebate of just over £200.00, paid into my account on the 9th December after sending it off to them at the end of October.

Good luck with yours

Guest Claireg
Hi there,

I filled mine in on 3rd December and hadn't heard much so OH phoned to find out about it all and the guy he spoke to said that only people who were self employed were entitled to the rebate...does anyone know if that's true.

Still nothing in my account that's for sure :-(

Catch you later

Carol Ann

My OH was self employed thats why we have to wait until the new tax yr comes around so we can submit his tax return roll on April. I do remeber when we had a certain shipping company around giving us quotes they said if you were employed you could reclaim your tax, but due to me being out of work for 6months before hand i could'nt. Have a look at this link sorry if it doesnt help!!!

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/incometax/tax-leave-uk.htm

Claire

Hi Guys

Do any of you know if I can claim a tax rebate as I am leaving the UK? I have worked full time since the beginning of the tax year up until Christmas when I finished to organise our move.

Just trying to get any extra cash from anywhere I can!!!

Cheers

Mandy

HI Mandy

Sounds like you are busy sorting now and not long to go eh

Our situation is we were both employed. We completed the P85 for Andrew and he got a tax rebate back in about 6 weeks of £560 ish.

I couldnt submit mine until the end of the tax year, as i have rental income.

As you have sold your house, there is no reason why you cant get this submitted and get that lovely tax rebate. I will say one thing though, it could take a little longer as the self assessment deadline has just passed so the tax office get thousand of tax returns to deal with... might keep them a little busy before dealing with refunds!!

All the best

Carole