Urgent...Money to take out. Help!

Guest Ellie

Guest Ellie

We have been asked by our agent for an estimate of how much money we plan to take out to Australia. How do I know?:unsure: Our house is up for sale but I have no idea how much it will sell for so have no idea of equity. Our savings are next to nothing as Max has been out of work and income has been really irratic for months and of course the cost of the immigration etc. We will need to obviously pay the 'crap' off and we have the flights, bond on a property, car etc to come out of the equity as will most I should think. I have read different threads months ago (but can't find them) and I'm sure some have gone out with very little. The agent said they need this info urgently by morning as it is for the application. If I put an amount but when the time comes it's wrong will it be a problem? Do they check? Surely once you have your visa's that's it? I'm worried sick now as I have no idea what to say. Can anyone give me any guidelines as to what sort of figures they are looking for please?

We have been asked by our agent for an estimate of how much money we plan to take out to Australia. How do I know?:unsure: Our house is up for sale but I have no idea how much it will sell for so have no idea of equity. Our savings are next to nothing as Max has been out of work and income has been really irratic for months and of course the cost of the immigration etc. We will need to obviously pay the 'crap' off and we have the flights, bond on a property, car etc to come out of the equity as will most I should think. I have read different threads months ago (but can't find them) and I'm sure some have gone out with very little. The agent said they need this info urgently by morning as it is for the application. If I put an amount but when the time comes it's wrong will it be a problem? Do they check? Surely once you have your visa's that's it? I'm worried sick now as I have no idea what to say. Can anyone give me any guidelines as to what sort of figures they are looking for please?

Hi Elllie

Congratulations to Max on passing his Vetasses. We have now submitted our SA sponsorship form. You need to have $25,000 for the first applicant plus $5,000 per additional applicant so if there are 4 of you emigrating you will need to have $40,000 (approx £19,000 depending on exchange rate). $10,000 needs to be cash but the rest can be assets eg house, cars, shares, endowments etc. I just guessed at what our house is worth but cause you know the market value I would just take off what you owe for the mortgage and put the difference down as assets. Not sure what happens when it comes to the visa wether or not you have to prove funds but we had our financial proforma signed by the Nationwide and didn't have to prove the funds as they were just signing to say that we had signed the form. So far we haven't been asked to prove funds to anyone.

Hope this helps.

Tracey

Guest jon70

Hi Elllie,

We are also in Staffordshire, Which Agent have you gone for? and are you pleased so far?.

We havn't got an agent yet cos we are in the very early stages, All that I have at the moment is a job offer

Guest Ellie
Hi Elllie,

We are also in Staffordshire, Which Agent have you gone for? and are you pleased so far?.

We havn't got an agent yet cos we are in the very early stages, All that I have at the moment is a job offer

We are with "Thinking Australia" who have been brilliant. Should you not be sure of anything go on their website and they do free Seminars around the country. It's an ideal day out and a good insight to Australia, where the work is, and the migration process. Lots of people attend you can ask lots of questions and you are under no obligation whatsoever.

They will only contact you if you specifically ask them to, there is no pressure whatsoever.

They have been in constant touch with us, if we have been stuck with anything they have given advise, they have checked all paperwork and notified us of any changes immediately. If you send them an email they reply immediately. So far we have had no complaints.

Should you decide on a different agent I still recommend the Seminars.

Good luck with your application.