Rent Assist

Guest geoffb

Guest geoffb

Hi all,

Just wondering what type of rent assist help you get in Australia.

We will be renting for about 2 years, have 3 kids and I will be earning about $45,000p/year.

Is anybody roughly in the same situation, and if so what is the amount of rent assist given to you.

Also, after submitting forms ect, how long does it take for payments to start from the Oz government?

Thanks in advance.

Geoffb

Guest Libby1971

My understanding is that unless you are a perm resident you won't get any rent assistance. I am not sure about the other details...from memory I think it depends upon whether you get Family Tax Benefit A, then you get rent assist. If not...

Guest geoffb
My understanding is that unless you are a perm resident you won't get any rent assistance. I am not sure about the other details...from memory I think it depends upon whether you get Family Tax Benefit A, then you get rent assist. If not...

In answer yes we are perm residence visa and are also entitled to Family tax benefit A.

Guest geoffb
fill the forms out and send them in.... may sound a bit straight forward.... but every case is different.

It's good to have though!!!

hi kangomik,

not going just yet, just working out final finances and just wanted to get rough ideas ect..

geoffb

Guest kangomik

sorry cannot answer acurately. We get a little rent assist now.....we got a lot when we first arrived.

A lot do not know about rent assist.

But each case is done on its own.

Guest pauljoinoz

There is a website via centrelink that you can put your estimated income details in & rent amount & it works out roughly how much you will get. I used this when we first arrived & it was in about $10 of what we actually get.

Hope this helps!