This has been released today.
Prime Minister Kevin Rudd has signalled that the increased first home owner's grant will not be extended beyond June 30.
The government has been under pressure to signal whether it will extend the boost to the grant, but has so far refused to outline its plans.
"The first home owner's boost, as you know, we have indicated that will conclude within a very fixed and finite time frame," Mr Rudd told reporters in Perth.
"It's had strong useful results so far, but I have got to say all good things must come to an end."
The grant was raised from $7,000 to $14,000 for existing dwellings and from $14,000 to $21,000 for new homes as part of the government's $10.4 billion stimulus package last year.
Mr Rudd said the government was still measuring the full effects of the boost but it was important the community understood deadlines were imposed for a particular purpose.
The increased grant, compbined with low interest rates, has seen first home buyers flooding the property market, but it has also fuelled concerns that the demand may be creating a debt bubble that could burst as unemployment rises.
"The last thing anyone wants to see is a repeat of the US sub-prime problem," said Craig James, chief economist at CommSec after the release of home sales data. "Perhaps a revamped grant could see the Government matching real savings contributed by first home buyers."
The government claimed late last month that more than 12,500 Australians are taking up the increased grant per month.
"A strong housing market is critical for underpinning confidence and supporting jobs in the Australian economy," Housing Minister Tanya Plibersek said.