• Moneycorp currency Transfers
  • Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Like Tree34Likes

Thread: The Pound vs Australian dollar

Title
      Liked
      79 times
      Rep
      Looking to get there in August, so I am watching this like a hawk.
      Quote Originally Posted by guspjmh View Post
      House hasn't sold yet. The goal is to get out there in January. You?

Title
      Liked
      89 times
      Rep
      The recent rout of the Australian dollar has continued after disappointing growth data for the first quarter of 2013 was published by the Australian Bureau of Statistics. The Australian economy expanded at a slower rate than expected between January and March this year building the case for another rate cut by the Reserve Bank of Australia.

A strong economy, relatively high interest rates and robust demand for its natural resources from its main export partner China, had helped to underpin the strength in the Australian dollar in recent years; however these supporting factors are now beginning to recede. China is experiencing a slowdown of its own economy which will likely lead to a drop in demand for Australian exports.

Sterling on the other hand has been buoyed by a round of improving economic data releases so far this week. First came news that UK’s manufacturers had reported their highest activity levels in 14 months, next came the construction sector with a surprising return to growth driven by residential building. The best was saved to last with the dominant UK services sector reporting a surge in activity, delivering its strongest reading since March 2012. With all three sectors now growing for the first time for a year there are clear signs that the UK recovery is gaining traction.

It can be worth exploring the different options available to you when buying or selling Australian dollars – more information can be found here:
      http://moneytransfer.pomsinoz.com/various-ways-to-buy-currency.html

Thanks

John

Title
      Liked
      79 times
      Rep
      Hi John

Thanks for your info and help on this. As you say there are various options available to us when changing money. It is obviously wise to get expert opinion on this
      and I will certainly be in contact with you when I need to.
      Last time I used a large company, when I asked if the interest rate that had come down in the UK that day would affect the exc rate the guy put me on to his manager as it was a large amount. The manager advised me to take the rate he was offering on the day. By the following week it had changed by almost 10%.(the wrong way for me!) This was when we returned from WA.
      Last edited by sithewindows; 06-06-2013 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Extra info

Title
      Liked
      89 times
      Rep
      After a bad week at the end of May the Aussie had an awful one at the beginning of June, losing two cents to the US dollar and seven to the pound.

The Aussie and the New Zealand dollar both continued to feel the heat of investors' suspicion that the US Federal Reserve is preparing to wind down its quantitative easing programme, which churns out $85bn of freshly-minted money every month.

Title
      Liked
      79 times
      Rep
      166 today, best its been since Sept 2010 which makes me feel a lot better.
      Last edited by sithewindows; 11-06-2013 at 05:13 PM.

Title
      Liked
      79 times
      Rep
      Wished I had not have said that now!

Title
      Liked
      506 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by sithewindows View Post
      Wished I had not have said that now!
      Lol...........we just hope it'll hold up above 1.60 for the next few months!
      Here and settled

Title
      Liked
      528 times
      Rep
      Things looking good and the weakening dollar doesn't appear to be even slowing its losses, quite the opposite.
      Angus 33 - Regional Manager Pharmaceuticals/Medical, Kate 34 - Primary Teacher, Logan 5, Jacinta 3 , Vetassess applied 10/01/2012 Approved 28/02/12 IELTS 9/9/9/9 9/2/12 Applied SA SS 5/3/12 SS offered 1/4/12 176 Visa applied 12/4/12 CO Assigned 21/4/12 176 VISA Granted 16/05/2012!!! Reccie 23/3 - 9/4/13 LOVED IT!​BIG MOVE - 8/1/14

Title
      Liked
      528 times
      Rep
      Things looking good and the weakening dollar doesn't appear to be even slowing its losses, quite the opposite.

Typical. I've jinxed things
      Angus 33 - Regional Manager Pharmaceuticals/Medical, Kate 34 - Primary Teacher, Logan 5, Jacinta 3 , Vetassess applied 10/01/2012 Approved 28/02/12 IELTS 9/9/9/9 9/2/12 Applied SA SS 5/3/12 SS offered 1/4/12 176 Visa applied 12/4/12 CO Assigned 21/4/12 176 VISA Granted 16/05/2012!!! Reccie 23/3 - 9/4/13 LOVED IT!​BIG MOVE - 8/1/14

Title
      Liked
      1017 times
      Rep
      Wow, an amazing change so far today, nearly 3 cents change! Hopefully this trend continues until we make the move!
      Everyone wants the best exchange rate when they move, but be careful what you ask for. Think about why it went the way it did in the last few years and why it's suddenly changing and what this suggests about how the economic situation is changing here.

•  
    Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast