Stop spiders from getting in house

candt

Guest Claire-n-tel

Tbh, if they want to get in they will.......white tail spiders eat common black house spiders so like Blossom says try using a bug bomb, you can even have around the outside of the house sprayed. Some houses seem to get lots more spiders than others and invariably if you'll find them sometimes.....I think it is called welcome to Australia!

:jiggy:

You'll get used to them being around - the houses have gaps everywhere - just make sure children are aware to leave anything alone and enlist parent help to remove. I (reluctantly) spray a barrier of Coopex around the outside of the house at the start of spring and also autumn, but mostly because of the sheer volume of harmless millipedes we get in the house if I don't.

Oh, and a word of warning for anyone with an asthma inhaler.....always check in them first before using, especially if you don't use them very often, yes - I have propelled a white tip into the back of my throat which was not a pleasant experience.

:confused:

I spray a barrier (from Bunnings) around the outside of the house once a year at the start of Spring. I direct the spray to the gaps where the building meets the path/ground, all along the guttering and around all window frames. Never had any problems apart from plenty of Redbacks we forget to do the shed! A few in the garage too

Guest Claire-n-tel
Thanks all for replies, we did the spray thing around the outside of the house at the weekend and so far so good.

Just got to get something to stop the Mosquitos biting me now!

Mosquito bites?....already?.......oh dear that does not bode well for you spring/summer! :err:

Areogard tropical might be worth a try if you need to use something :jiggy:

Mosquito bites?....already?.......oh dear that does not bode well for you spring/summer! :err:

Sorry that reminded me of my favourite "just arrived in Adelaide story" - brother and sister in law were shopping at Coles and were asked at the Checkout "Do you have Flybuys?" - they misheard and replied "Fly-bites? No, we've not been bitten by any flies, only by a few mozzies!" Cue one confused looking checkout girl.....

We've had loads of mossies over the winter in McLaren Vale.....the only remedy is a fly swat and fast reactions. Seeing less of them now it has started to warm up. Not sure if that's the norm for mossies.