Title
      Liked
      164 times
      Rep

Fox & Firkin English pub, Tea Tree Gully

I think I have found the love of my life in pub form;) We went to the above last night, for a post Valentine's day dinner, since I was in Chicago for the actual day. The place is awesome. It's an old tea mill or something, and the bar, although small, is absolutely wicked. There's a restaurant upstairs (2x the price and similar food) but we ate at the pub as it was just such a great atmosphere down there. Got a beef & guinness pie...only the best one I've had in ages and ages and two pints, Bulmer's & Guinnes, 2 of the many they have on tap including Old Speckled Hen, Kilkenney, and many more. Expensive pints (think they were $7 or $8) but cheap and fantastic grub, and they often have live entertainment. Wicked!!!
      US -> UK -> NZ -> OZ

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      Great pub even though the landlord is a Chelsea supporter but rumours say he has moved to Queensland.

njacinthebox
      Have you got the actual address please ?

Title
      Liked
      3869 times
      Rep
      I like the landlord - he's very glum but he makes me laugh, and spent some time regaling my daughter once with tales of all his ex marriages/partners! She was quite enthralled!!!

As to its address, well if you're coming eastwards up the North East Road, you go past St Agnes shopping centre, carry on till you see the Tea Tree Gully Hotel on the left, then just past the road crossroads, the Fox and Firkin comes up on the right hand side.

By the way, it's called the Fox and Firkin because apparently, if you approach it from the other side, you come down the hill, roll into the pub and say "Where the Fox my Firkin pint?"

Sometimes the live music can be a bit overpowering in there though.
      Sometimes the grass will appear greener on the other side because it has been fertilised by bull****

Title
      Liked
      257 times
      Rep
      Nice pub Only place OH has found stella on tap;)
      Got 175 visa 18th April 08
      landed on planet Adelaide 26th Oct 08 LOVE IT!!

•  
    Copyright 2006 - 2014 Australia Migration Forums