• Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
      carters

Why Do You Want To Go To Australia?

Why do you want to go to Australia?

such a hard question to answer when you really want to tell the person asking, this country has had it etc.., but you can't, as the person asking is staying here. So you say things that are good about australia, but can't seem to remember anything other that "I want more space" and "the weather".

The next question is usually, have you ever been to Adelaide?

After only giving silly answers to the first I feel even more stupid when I tell them, No, I haven't been to Adelaide or even Australia. Oh! you are brave they say (but they really mean stupid).

When you are asked these questions do you feel as silly or do you let rip about all the reasons why you want to leave our Great Britain?

Nikki

Title
      Liked
      355 times
      Rep
      Agree it's a very hard question to answer without sounding like you've been practicing the answer for a while. I usually end up saying that it's mainly to give our children a better, healthier life in a great environment. Generally it's true, but it's also for us to have a better life as well and to spend more quality time with the kids.

Richie has been to Adelaide before but only for a couple of days and he can't remember what it was like! So basically we're going in blind!

Title
      Liked
      108 times
      Rep
      im trying to get to Adelaide having never been to Australia too, i cant wait to leave UK, the way i look at things is its going to be a great adventure, moving to the other side of the planet to start a new life, if you dont do it, everytime things here are not perfect you will be thinking if only id gone to Australia when i had the chance if you find in a few years time that Australia is not for you move back to the UK, if being back to where you started is the worst thing that can happen it has got to ge worth the risk.

Simon

Title
      Liked
      17 times
      Rep
      We used to get this question all the time too. We had never been to Australia and got some very odd lokks when we told people that No we had never been, No we did not have family there and No we did not have jobs to go out too :o

We used to say we wanted a better family life, better life for our daughter to grow up in, more space and some chance of a summer. If it was people we knew well we also added that UK was just tooooo crowded and did not agree with the open door policy and the implications

Now we are here we are so glad we came - we had no expectations from a reccie or holiday so have just taken Adelaide as it is. All the things we were looking for we have found - just got to get the businesses going and life will be sweet :D

Lisa

Title
      Liked
      157 times
      Rep
      OUr main motivation is our children - rightly or wrongly and we are looking forward to a new challenge, we are de-motivated here and hope to start enjoying life more again.

We have been before, chose Adelaide mainly because I have some family there and we figured it is better to go where you will at least know someone, only other place we have visited is Melbourne, which is nice too.

Title
      Liked
      442 times
      Rep
      We just want to try it b4 its too late.....once in a lifetime oppourtunity!!! To me Adelaide just looks good for us!

We have no children....but in the future i'd rather they be there then here!

Dan and Steph
      If you wanna a beer....PM me

Daniel, 31 and Stephanie, 30, Arrived 30th April 2008 and LOVING IT!!!

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      As With most people we usualy say for the children but we also want to go for other reasons we are hoping to get more time together as a family Morgan is currently out of the house for at least 13 hr days and we miss him :(.

Title
      Liked
      1060 times
      Rep
      We had good lives in the UK and had no reason to slate it.

We didn't know anybody over here, had no jobs, never visited etc. Our answer to everyone who asked was basically, 'Why not?'

If nothing else, we felt it would be an awesome lesson for the kids to learn; that they can leave one life and recreate it somewhere else!

LC

Title
      in a very nice place with fantbulous views!!
      Liked
      76 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Cow View Post
      . Our answer to everyone who asked was basically, 'Why not?'

If nothing else, we felt it would be an awesome lesson for the kids to learn; that they can leave one life and recreate it somewhere else!

LC
      Same here lazy cow ( oo i feel rude saying that!!!)
      life here in the uk is ok , could be better could be worse, we just thought why not? we have nothing to loose, we have no house to sell and we both have jobs that will do ok in oz, also what a great adventure to go on with our kids !!!! i am sooooo excited just for them. we have never been to oz but i have an uncle who has lived there for about 20 years so thats why we are drawn to Adelaide , but i have come to a point in my life where i really believe that nothing is out of my reach and anything is possible so who knows what the future holds and what exciting adventures i will have with my family, this is our great lives and we WILL live it to the full!!:D:D:D
      ok i will stop now !!!!:p

weez
      Weez and the gang ;)
      Been here since sept 08 and have found 'home'

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep

we thought it was only us!!

it is so nice to read all these positive reasons...we have had some quite negative responses from some of our friends who we thought wud be really excited for us. we have found ourselves having to justify wanting to do something which we feel is really exciting!!

reading these comments have made us even more determined to get out there and prove everyone wrong!!. like you say- if we hate it which we doubt- we will come back.

life is what u make it! we are only here once!!!!!

nickey and neill

xx

•  
    Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Copyright 2006 - 2014 Australia Migration Forums