Pensions query

If you do get jobs super is paid by your employer but 10 years worth would probably not be much , you can pay extra into the super fund though I think the rule for Centrelink pensions is resident for 10 years but not sure ,look at their website for information Have you got immigration visas as I always thought there is a cut off period age wise ?

Hi We hope to work for about ten years in Australia before we retire, We will pay into a pension scheme for the ten years. any idea what we are likely to get from the Australian Gov

thanks

Regards

James & Sally

The Australian state pension is means tested so how much you get will depend on how much other income you receive (if you are PR this includes income from the UK) and how much you have in other assets, although I think the family home is exempt.

I've split your query out from the thread it was in as it's on a slightly different topic and more people will see it and be able to help.

Edited by NicF
Added a bit

Hello James and Sally

Have a look at this thread I wrote it gives a good overview of the Australian (Centrelink) Age Pension: http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/pensions-mortgages-ask-vista/33924-australian-age-pension-information-thread.html

The thread was written a few years ago so the figures quoted have changed slightly but the gist of it is still the same.

Hello James and Sally

Have a look at this thread I wrote it gives a good overview of the Australian (Centrelink) Age Pension: http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/pensions-mortgages-ask-vista/33924-australian-age-pension-information-thread.html

The thread was written a few years ago so the figures quoted have changed slightly but the gist of it is still the same.

Thanks all, very helpful

Regards

James & Sally

:smile: