Carrickalinga & Normanville

Guest Guest75

Guest Guest75

What a lovely area around Carrickalinga and Normanville.

The beaches and views are something else.

If you have not been - GO!

If you've not been for ages - GO!

That place does something to your soul :notworthy:;)

Carrickalinga.jpg

CarrickalingatoNormanville.jpg

Guest Guest75
how far is this beach looks stunning I'm in North Adelaide so how far time wise we looking at

xxx

It takes us 40 mins to get there from Onkaparinga Hills (near Morphett Vale)Well worth the drive as there is some stunning scenery along the way :):)

You'd be looking at around 1.5 hours ish - as I say well worth it.call into Wirrina Cove,Rapid Bay ,Second Valley and pop down to Cape Jervis - make a day of it!:)

We went down to Normanville for lunch one day, from here in the North East - there's a lovely little cafe/restaurant overlooking the beach there (or used to be, not been for a while!) - Quite a drive, yes, but a nice one to do with visitors, or take a tent and camp down there, make a weekend of it.

Guest motlyman

We went there a few weeks back. Had a beer at the cafe on the beach.

Then went to Wirrina cove. The boat ramp and car park was completely empty.

Me thinks it might be worth dragging the boat down there:idea: What do you think Russ?

Colin

Guest Guest75
We went there a few weeks back. Had a beer at the cafe on the beach.

Then went to Wirrina cove. The boat ramp and car park was completely empty.

Me thinks it might be worth dragging the boat down there:idea: What do you think Russ?

Colin

Looks tempting - some Sea Rescue coverage as well.

BUT..........

It's a different sea down there - more swell + loads more wind. Pick a really calm day!

PS - no bloody wash down facilities - same ramp fee !:mad::mad:

Guest Guest75
If you have a 4x4 go down to Blowhole beach fantastic there too xx

Shhhh!!! - Don't tell everyone about it!

You can still sometimes get the beach to yourself ;);)

Guest dunnarunna

cheers tyke

i was looking for somewhere to take my parents when they arrive for a visit next week and wanted to go somewhere where we hadnt been before, had thought of checking out second valley so will check these beaches too.

donna

Normanville the best beach in the south.....

HG

mmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!...personal opinion that one...........for me ...........southport for activity..............

Then where do you pick for scenery??????????????? Normanville?, Willunga?........Maslins????????????........Goolwa beach for wilderness??????????

there all.......heaps good......doh!!!

• 2 years later...
Guest Delaneym

i went to yankalilla and normanville by pure chance, made some good friends and having watched the sunrise and sunsets i fell in love with australia.....

There's a great bakery at Normanville too. Deep Creek Conservation park isn't too far away - it's a huge area, lot of walks and camping spots allowed. I took some visiting family in July one year and I am not kidding there were all these "lounge about" kangaroos littered everywhere looking quite relaxed. Also lots and lots of lillys - a very scenic spot. Some areas are 4WD access only - can be steep but quite a lot is accessible.