Brighton /Hove/Somerton Park - Anyone have any photos?

richard300

As the title says really - Here in the UK we live on the Brighton road just a few miles along from Hove and Brighton and we have identified the Brighton/Hove area od Aledaide as where we 'Idealy' would like to locate to.

Anyone have any pictures of beaches, parks, shopping facilities etc, that are all in the location?

Thanks in advance,

Richard.

Just because they have the same name and are by the sea doesn't mean they are anything like the original! I worked for 6 months in Worthing (on contract) and lived Mon-Fri in Hove so I know the area you are from. Not much in common apart from the sea. Try googling Brighton SA and images??? or try google maps/streetview/google earth maybe.

Thanks Anne.... I'm really glad to hear you say that, as i would never want to live in Hove or Brighton (in this country).

My 'want's' from Ausralia are (location wise)

Very close to the sea, so i can maintain my love of walking along the coast/beach.

Quiet(ish) possibly quirky suburb location (that perhaps livens up in the summer months)

Reasonably cheap propery prices

But at the same time close enough to the city that i can drive there everyday if i worked there.

Guest patsmb
Thanks Anne.... I'm really glad to hear you say that, as i would never want to live in Hove or Brighton (in this country).

My 'want's' from Ausralia are (location wise)

Very close to the sea, so i can maintain my love of walking along the coast/beach.

Quiet(ish) possibly quirky suburb location (that perhaps livens up in the summer months)

Reasonably cheap propery prices

But at the same time close enough to the city that i can drive there everyday if i worked there.

You wont get cheap property prices in either suburb -some lovely homes but at a price If you will be working in the city public transport is the way to go as parking can be expensive

I'm glad you are not looking for a UK Brighton/Hove equivalent, as you won't find it in Adelaide! The Brighton/Hove/Somerton Park area fits the bill for what you want, but is one of Adelaide's more expensive areas (at least anywhere west of Brighton Road is), so the housing isn't reasonably cheap. Maybe have a look at Semaphore (definately quirky) to the north (for cheaper property), there are also beach suburbs further south that are nice but may not fit the bill in terms of an easy commute to the city.

We live in Brighton. I can take some photos for you if you'd like. It's a nice area and only 20 minutes on the train to the city (when it's running).

Nice coffee shops and restaurants on jetty road (the Main Street) and nice houses on the esplanade. It's about as far south as you'd want to go though if working in the city. Or even of you don't as the next suburb over the hill is Hallett Cove.

What's with the attitude? Anyone would think you wanted reporting.

What attitude? Scooterdan was merely pointing out that there are two other suburbs between Brighton and Hallet Cove. I was going to post the same myself but didn't have time when I first read the post. And to be honest your original post implied that anywhere south of Brighton wasn't worth considering as a place to live regardless of where you are working. I may have misunderstood your intentions on this so I won't comment further.

OP - if you want to be near the beach and commutable to the city then also consider places like Semaphore, West Lakes, Henley Beach and Grange. I'm not sure if you have kids or not as this might have an influence on where would be the best place to settle.

Guest Wellse

Hi,

I have no photos of the areas you mentioned but we came from Worthing so know what its like where you are! What are you looking for in an area? and work wise what areas are you in?