south suburbs

clark66

Obviously you will get different reactions and obviously a lot depends on your budget

We always lived south emigrated to Morphett Vale at first and boy has that built up over the years

Moved to Happy Valley which we loved it's foot hills I suppose but within reach of all major shopping areas Allthough no train service as yet

Now moving to Kangarilla which is a bit further out but still within reach of both beach and country life

Lots of new builds Seaford to Aldinga

If your working then obviously you would want to look at transport links if your retired then the worlds your oyster !

Get yourself some short term accommodation somewhere central for when you first get here then go and have a look for yourself. What ticks one person's box will not necessarily appeal to another. If you want to be near the beach then the far southern suburbs offer a much more affordable option but do make sure you check out the commuting options for your son. CBC is quite a trek from the train station and driving from the south would mean having to cross part of the city, which in in peak rush hour times can take nearly as long as the journey from the southern suburbs to the city itself. I have colleagues at work that do it but they get in to the office before 8am.

Get yourself some short term accommodation somewhere central for when you first get here then go and have a look for yourself. What ticks one person's box will not necessarily appeal to another.CBC is quite a trek from the train station and driving from the south would mean having to cross part of the city, which in in peak rush hour times can take nearly as long as the journey from the southern suburbs to the city itself..

yep CBC is likely to be an easier trip on the tram than the train. (or you could try any of the various "Hutt St" buses )

-The tram connects the inner South West (Glenelg), through the CBD up to the inner North West ( Thebarton / Hindmarsh )

Either way - got to agree with Nic.....always better to try a 6 month lease first before making the big decision

JB :swoon:

I would recommend just having a look at different suburbs yourself, everyone can offer opinions but for me personally I can only say somethings right for me once I've seen/been there. I used to work in the city from the southern suburbs and I did the express bus which took about 40 mins, about an hour in the evening with the traffic, I did that for 18 months and hated it lol but if you live near a train line you could take that, I wish I had off but with Childcare drop off etc it wasn't possible for me.

You can live anywhere but that would be a hell of a commute for school each day if in the southern suburbs.

My husband used to have a daily commute to Westminster on the bus and train and still remembers it to this day as a horrible daily grind that added up to 2 hours on to his day most days, if not more when he had to stay late or missed the bus and therefore the connecting train.

Does the school run a bus from certain areas? If so, I'd consider being along one of the school bus routes or within drop off reach of one of the stops perhaps.

I'd have a good look at google maps, your budget for a rental and then go exploring once you are here.