Jobs for me in Adelaide where to live?

Guest Robarts Family

Guest Robarts Family

Hi,

All the jobs I am looking at for my career are in Adelaide, but just wondered if anyone had any advise where there are nice areas to live near Adelaide, for a young family who like walks, going out eating, close to beach and City so do not have to travel too far to work.

Any advise would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Henley Beach, North Haven, Semaphore, Port Noarlunga plus surrounding suburbs. Brighton, Marino, Seacliff, Seaford and of course Hallet Cove. Most of suburban Adelaide is not far from a beach. Most suburbs will only be 1/2 an hour away unless you go to the outer North East areas or up into the hills. Many areas have cafe strips with cafes and restaurants. There are loads of places to walk, so it rteally comes down to how long you want to travel to work.

Guest doje6863

Hello Robarts, well, this question raises its head quite often on here and you will get many opinions on where to live, and where to avoid!

I live in Seaford Rise which is a southern suburb 45mins or so into the CBD. This is a great location for us for all the same things you mentioned.

But dont discount the Western suburbs, if youre dead set on the beach life. Sempahore (quite possibly the best place in the world!), Henley,Glenlg,Brighton. All gorgeous, all pricey!!

Dont make the mistake that others (including us, nearly!) make. Just get here and spend some time with a map and drive around. Draw a circle around Adelaide covering a 45min commute and have a drive and get a feel for the place. We were dead set on a totally different area when we got here initially, and have ended up in the totally opposite direction. So, if I was you, try the Northern areas and the Hills. You never know!

best of luck

donna

Hi,

All the jobs I am looking at for my career are in Adelaide, but just wondered if anyone had any advise where there are nice areas to live near Adelaide, for a young family who like walks, going out eating, close to beach and City so do not have to travel too far to work.

Any advise would be most appreciated.

Thanks