Info on Aldinga Beech

minty

Hi all,

We have decided to take the plunge and have just started the process for the vetasses. We were out on a holiday /recce in April and loved the look and feel of Aldinga Beech. Seems a bit cheeper due to the commute although compated to my commute at the moment its just a stones through away from central Adelaide. Has anyone got any info on schools ( 2 and 5) year olds, work (sparks), shopping (the wife said ask), crime (got to ask) or just general views on the area.

Many thanks and must say what a lovely frendly site this is. Thanks.

Hi thanks for the reply. Was only about 30 mins from the centre and at the moment i do a 150 mile around trip to and from work so the distance does not worry me. Will have to get cars anyway, just really liked it around there, also liked lots of other places but really liked Aldinga.

Hi thanks for the reply. Was only about 30 mins from the centre and at the moment i do a 150 mile around trip to and from work so the distance does not worry me. Will have to get cars anyway, just really liked it around there, also liked lots of other places but really liked Aldinga.

Good luck with the move and take your time with decision but Aldinga is avery nice place.

Kris

We are in the process of building down at Aldinga Beach were currently renting in Seaford...As the poster mentioned it is a bit out of the way and of you worked up in the city it is a bit of a drive, but as me and the mrs both work down this way its suits us great, our daughter will still be going to Seaford 7-12 and lil man will be going to one the schools down aldinga way.

It has got a small shopping centre which will more than do us for our weekly shopping, anything bigger we can can hop in the car and rive upto Seaford or the bigger Collonades.

It has a Drs,dentist chiro all in one place near to the shops.

We will be near to the beaches, and amongst all the greeneness we liked the look of this place when we first saw it over a year ago.

there could be alot of work for your hubby as there is alot of building work going on down the south if he does that sort of thing.

Maybe we can catch up when you get here...

Good luck with it all

HG

Guest tooeasy

domestic electrical work is completley different here in england you have one builder that will build a whole housing estate here it quite a few builders in the one estate so its not the same electricians doing all the houses

there is still quite a lot of the work in the city and north of the city but its about 1hr15 mins to city on a good run and anything to 2hrs if your north of the city

Guest JPT07

We live in Aldinga Beach, have been here about 15 months. It was somewhere we fancied living before getting here. We bought our house after about four weeks of arriving. We have one daughter who goes to Willunga Primary(state) which is about a 10 minute drive away and our other daughter goes to Tatachilla Lutheran College(private) at Mclaren Vale. We are very happy with both schools. There are plenty of schools down this area and I would advise you to vist as many as you can to get the feel of them. We love the beach in the summer and spend most of the weekends and a evenings down there as we are only a stones throw away and the good thing is that you can drive onto the beach so when it's really hot your not lugging all your beach stuff from the car park.

Good Luck ;)

Guest jetskitony

we have lived in Aldinga Beach for 5 months and love it,we are renting at the moment but are having a house built on the sunday estate.I dont drive but the public transport is excellent and very cheap,you can catch a bus to noarlunga then a train to the city.bus from aldinga to seaford only takes 10 mins.my 7 year old goes to aldinga school and loves it, he plays for the school soccer team,he went camping with school a couple of weeks ago and loved it,hes learning japanese,it has an after school club for working parents etc.theres at least 4 child care centres for little ones for working mothers in Aldinga.The aldinga community centre is excellent they have playgroups creches courses,cafe etc i think they have a website if you want to check it out or if you want me to get you some leaflets etc i can post them to you.My son is a member of Aldinga surfclub they do some lovely meals on a fri eve and the drinks are cheap lol.Hope i have helped in some way,if you want to know anything else just ask,good luck with your future plans.

Myrtle,Tony,Callum

Guest pauljoinoz

We live in Aldinga & I can be on North Terrace in the city in 45 mins.

My Hubby is a decorator & all of his work has been within an hours drive & driving is a pleasure here!

Our son also goes to Willunga state school but there are two private schools in Aldinga you don't need to go out of the area there costs are about $1200 a year!

We love the beach being so close after school & weekends & it is nice & open when you drive down here.

Good luck with the move

Jo & Paul

Guest cunnah10
we have lived in Aldinga Beach for 5 months and love it,we are renting at the moment but are having a house built on the sunday estate.I dont drive but the public transport is excellent and very cheap,you can catch a bus to noarlunga then a train to the city.bus from aldinga to seaford only takes 10 mins.my 7 year old goes to aldinga school and loves it, he plays for the school soccer team,he went camping with school a couple of weeks ago and loved it,hes learning japanese,it has an after school club for working parents etc.theres at least 4 child care centres for little ones for working mothers in Aldinga.The aldinga community centre is excellent they have playgroups creches courses,cafe etc i think they have a website if you want to check it out or if you want me to get you some leaflets etc i can post them to you.My son is a member of Aldinga surfclub they do some lovely meals on a fri eve and the drinks are cheap lol.Hope i have helped in some way,if you want to know anything else just ask,good luck with your future plans.

Myrtle,Tony,Callum

Hi Guys.....SOOOOO glad things are working out for you ......have you escaped the "oddballs" OR were you brave enough to stay (lol).

Sounds like Callum has settled quickly!

Have your family been out to visit yet?

Guest Tina P

How long have you had your helicopter?

My old car did the city in 45 to 50 mins, on the expressway last week from Mclaren Flat, I timed it.

It was after school drop off so traffic wasn't as busy.

Guest lippy

I'd agree that you can easily do the journey to North Terrace from Aldinga in approx 45-50 mins via the expressway. Takes us almost the same time from Hallett Cove - no expressway.

Julie

Guest pauljoinoz

How long have you had your helicopter?

No helicopter just a great expressway :notworthy:

Guest pauljoinoz
45 mins or 1 hour. Its not a 2 hour drive down the M3, M25, M4, A40 then central London. And 2 hours is a good day.

Also a fantastic difference in scenary!

Guest LOOBYLOO

We arrived in Aldinga Beach on 30 Nov. This was a starting point for us but we love it here. One son goes to Willunga High and the other to Willunga Primary and both have settled in really well. The beaches are fab, we have a small shopping mall but Seaford is 10 mins drive and Noarlunga 20 mins drive with more shops. We are really happy here and have met loads of great friends. Good luck with your move.