Rental needed urgently!

Guest Lisajonesey

Guest Lisajonesey

Hi Guys,

We arrived in Adelaide on Friday, and we're in our OAA.. which is awful! Camping would have been a sight better! So we're looking to get into somewhere REALLY quickly! We haven't even unpacked our suitcases yet!!!

We're struggling to find somewhere to rent, and seem to miss all the open days! Does anyone have any tips, or know of anything coming available, which isn't directly under a flight path (we saw one yesterday, but the planes were literally coming into land over the rooftop!

We're looking to be within commutable distance to Adelaide, but not really sure where else to look.

Hope you can help!

Lisa & Rich.

Hi Guys,

We arrived in Adelaide on Friday, and we're in our OAA.. which is awful! Camping would have been a sight better! So we're looking to get into somewhere REALLY quickly! We haven't even unpacked our suitcases yet!!!

We're struggling to find somewhere to rent, and seem to miss all the open days! Does anyone have any tips, or know of anything coming available, which isn't directly under a flight path (we saw one yesterday, but the planes were literally coming into land over the rooftop!

We're looking to be within commutable distance to Adelaide, but not really sure where else to look.

Hope you can help!

Lisa & Rich.

Hi Lisa & Rich,

Know how you feel - our OAA sucked too! Buy the Advertiser newspaper on saturday early morning, this has loads of rentals and some openings. Look on realestate.com (library computer if you don't have one yet), again in the mornings as you might miss openings. You'll need to take your passports, job details (payslips) bank details, medicare number, rental reference - this is essential (if you don't have one -fake it!)some agencies ask for birth certificates too(?). Then you can apply for the rental as soon as you see it. Or you can just go to real estate agents in the area you like, they often have a printout in a tray outside their offices. Pretty much anywhere along the tram route or near a train station is good for the city, or why not in the city? Beach is great too, Semaphore, Glenelg, Brighton. Can't type anymore 3 year old driving me nuts!

Good Luck

Guest Andy Woollett

Hi,

I don't know if this will help you but if you were looking to rent longer term then we are moving out of a rental in South Plympton middle of July - we arranged a rental for a year from Dec.08 (to secure the rental) but have now bought a house in Somerton Park, the rental is $410/week (not cheap I know) but it's a large 4 bed,2 bathroom property in a nice close, good neighbours and convenient for most places. Hope this may be of interest for you,

cheers

Andy

Eeek, this is why I didn't even think about OAA. Try contacting Donna Jacob, she works for Walsh Real Estate djacob@westnet.com.au or 0409 472188. We rented a furnished unit from her when we arrived for 8 weeks and the place was ideal in terms of size, location and facilities. She has loads of properties and I'm sure she will be able to help you. Obviously it won't be as cheap as OAA but then you have already found out why that is LOL!

It might just buy you some time rather than rushing into a longer term let when you have just arrived and are probably really jetlagged.

Guest Rachel & Jeff

Ours will be available from 21st July. It's in Dernancourt and has a pool. $385 per week. Open viewing on Saturday. PM me if you want to know more.

Rachel

Guest Andrew&Ren

Aw guys thats crap.... :(

Hope you get sorted, check out the advertiser, real estate.com and have a look on here too.

Good luck xxxxx

Hi,we were exactly the same last september,panicking over it all,we phoned Glenelg Letting Agency(on the net)they do a week by week basis which gave us time ,we stayed 2 weeks before we got a rental,not that cheap,but a lovely location to help relieve the stress,good luck,sue.

Guest hsinholin

Hi, I am not sure if you like to rent a whole house or just a sharing room with the other tanent.

I have a friend who now has a house/room vacancy in KilKenny(SA 5009), fully furnished house, if you are interested to know more details please contact me 0430168183 Mike

Guest cathbarn

Hi guys,

I have a rental property available in Marino which is only 2 minutes walk to the train which will take you directly to the city and Glenelg. It is a 4 bedroom property with sea views and a large back yard. Please let me know if you are interested. If this doesn't suit you, I do have a few others which may be suitable.

You can contact me on 0400 060 613.

Thanks,

Catherine

Hi,

Our house is available from 24th July Its in Flagstaff hill 3 bedrooms and a nice pool.

we are breaking the lease as we have bought our own but the landlord will re rent for another 12 months at least. PM me if you are interested.

cheers

Sion

Guest thebaddeleys

:wubclub:hi, sorry to hear your not having a good start here, we found by offering more than the advertised rent you can secure a rental, we managed to get one in glenelg and we think its a lovely area. good luck.

Takecare,

Kerry x

Guest mandmick

Our house is sitting empty, until we arrive in Sept.

Golden Grove, Spring Hill developement. Lovely location.

4 bed with pool but unfurnished...

There's a place I saw in on my work (Govt) intra site - where people can put their personal items for sale etc. It's - a 2 bedroom - close to tram and transport at Glandore which is about 6kms to the city and about the same distance to the beach. The tram takes you both ways. The contact phone number 0403398106. From memory it said something like $300 per week. Not sure if in your budget. Said available 4/7

Guest Lisajonesey

Hello Poms in Adelaide.... and those not quite here yet...

I thought I'd take a minute to give a little update...

Firstly.... GOOD NEWS! WE HAVE FOUND A RENTAL AND JUST FINISHED MOVING IN!!! :jiggy:

Finally we're out of our horrid, horrid OAA and we have a gorgeous home 20 seconds from the beach in Glenelg (somewhere we really didn't think we'd end up.)

Glenelg is ace. LOVE IT. We originally had planned to live in Henley or Grange, but it's pretty quiet, and it just took on little outing to Glenelg and we fell in love with it. We missed the meet up in the Holdie at the weekend though.. we turned up around 9pm.. did you all move on early? Everyone sounded like ozzies, and we didn't want ask everyone we saw..."are you a pom?" !!! next time guys, we need a code!!!! :biglaugh:

Our arrival in Adelaide has been pretty stressful, but things really are settling down now and we really do think this is somewhere we will be VERY VERY HAPPY.

The OAA was really bad, we had several games of trap the cockroach (well, my boyfriend did.. I helpfully stood on a chair pointing....) I guess the OAA is different for everyone, and at the end of the day, it's so cheap, and we need all the spare cents we can get at the minute.

We've not started looking for work yet, but things seem to be ok here, if you're proactive and not too fussy, just get your foot in the door. I'll start job hunting in a week or so, which will give me something to do!!

I can't get over how nice people are here. I mean EVERYONE has been so helpful and really lifted our spirits.

Renting is a completly different ball game from the UK, so if you're on you're way out here, come armed with a reference from someone. We had to give bankstatements too, as we don't have jobs here, and we've paid 3 months rent up front (which means we don't have any bills for 3 months too, so not all bad.)

Feeling very happy today. In fact, Rich and I sat on our sofa last night and both felt very smug indeed. 20 seconds walk to the beach, 10 minutes to Moseley square, and all the Jetty Road delights... PERFECT.

Next time there's a meet up around, we'll be there... perhaps with a banner or something though, eh?!

Lisa.x:cute:

Guest colclare

Hi Guys

We have a 4 bed house with pool and sea views in hallett cove coming up on august 21st as we are buying a house in hallett cove.

30 mins drive to the city or 30 mins on the train as there are 2 stations here.( really easy commute)

Also new shopping centre has just opened here.

Rent is $340 a week. pm if you are interested. also allows pets