Land and house package prices

Guest duncans

Guest duncans

We are seeing house and land package prices in Port N'lunga and Seaford for about $400k - $450k which seems good for a nice 4 bed. However we keep reading about hidden extras on here so can anyone share any experiences of what the total costs might be???

Guest soggy
We are seeing house and land package prices in Port N'lunga and Seaford for about $400k - $450k which seems good for a nice 4 bed. However we keep reading about hidden extras on here so can anyone share any experiences of what the total costs might be???

Hi,

every builder seems to offer somthing different as standard, with some foundations are not included or they only offer to spend a certain amount on them, after that you pay extra if needed, it is common for landscaping, fencing and foot paths not to be included and somtimes tiles ect can be extra, however some builders offer packages to provide a complete house as you would expect. I have bought investment properties from Devine homes and they had everything included including carpets, flooring window blinds washing line ect. If I was buying it for myself to live in I would have upgraded the kitchen units and tiles, and added a few more sockets around the house.

Im afraid you will have to talk to each builder and ask lots of questions but for the price you qoted you should be able to get a complete house with a good specification.

Simon:)

We have a house land package, for $322,000 thats everything apart from landscaping, fencing and water tank....thats 570sq/m land and a house of 4 beds 234sq/m.....pretty good we think down @ Aldinga Beach Road.

there is not many hidden extras, there shouldnt really be any as long as you know what will need doing...

We have a house land package, for $322,000 thats everything apart from landscaping, fencing and water tank....thats 570sq/m land and a house of 4 beds 234sq/m.....pretty good we think down @ Aldinga Beach Road.

there is not many hidden extras, there shouldnt really be any as long as you know what will need doing...

Anyone quoting for these packages in the Western suburbs/ out East? Haven't seen much about living further north and my work means that I need to be in places like Gawler, so anything south of Glenelg - Grange is fairly hard to put in place without a long commute.

Pies

Guest graandjac

The extras are only hidden for the people who DONT do their homework, you get the land price , then the house price, the footings will only be fixed after the soil has been determened ..ie rock or soil, then you need to allow for flooring , window dressings,(blinds...etc) air con........landscaping .

BIG TIP dont get the builders to do any extras you can get all the above cheeper than the price they will give you.

But if you compare the price of housing here to the uk , the square meter price is way cheeper here. good luck

Guest nishman
BIG TIP dont get the builders to do any extras you can get all the above cheeper than the price they will give you.

Our builder told us straight out that we'd be better getting private quotes for A/C, carpets, tiles etc as they were too expesive! Some things (like sockets) were reasonable though

Beware of any warranty issues if you're more construction related work done yourself, but I'm sure the builder would flag that up for you:biglaugh:

I've mentioned it before (and I thought I'd covered most extras in our budget), but retaining walls can be a killer. If you're looking at Seaford Meadows, this shouldn't be as issue as they're flat as. However, Noarlunga Downs (Pt Noarlunga?) and "The Coast" at Seaford Rise both have some lovely sloping blocks that give great views but will require some "landscaping". The amount of retaining will depend on the size of the block vs the size of the house and how you want to landscape of course as well as the topography.

Ours looked flatish, and we expected some small walls to accomodate the left to right slope that we'd be cutting. However, the level of our slab was fixed by the 1:4 driveway, requiring a 1m+ cut over the majority of the block. 600mm walls turned into nearly 2m in places.

On the plus side, this has given us a head-start on the actual landscaping itself. But beware, as these walls and rocks cost us an extra $20k, in addition to the extra $6k to level the block (rather than just cutting the minimum required to get the slab in...). Ouch!:swoon: