Brooklyn Park - Your opinion please

Guest gypsy

Guest gypsy

Hi

We have been offered a rental house (2 BR Unit) in Brooklyn park. But we don't know anything about the place as we are yet to arrive Adelaide.

It would be helpful for our decision making if someone who knows that area gives feedback about Brooklyn park. About the locality, access to shopping centres etc

Thanks in advance for any reply.:)

Govind (35) & Hema (33)

just looked on net at brooklyn park area never been around there, but its on flight path into adelaide if you sit on right side of plane when you come in to land you might see the unit lol look on www.realestate.com.au for places set how much you want to spend per week and then post thread asking about them areas...try north adelaide close to city

alex

Guest Lee and Claire

Hi there. We are currently living in Brooklyn Park, we have been here since November. We had never spent any time in this area before we moved here but we like it. You are about 10 mins drive to the city and only a 10 min drive to the beach. It's ideal! My house is a stones throw from Ikea! West Lakes shopping mall is about 15 mins and Marion about 20 mins away. There is also a Target close by. You can easily get a bus into the city too. We don't get much noise from the airport, not enough for it to cause a problem anyway. If I can help you further, or if you want to give me the address for the house let me know and I can check it out for you.

Claire :)

Guest Kazzarazza
just looked on net at brooklyn park area never been around there, but its on flight path into adelaide if you sit on right side of plane when you come in to land you might see the unit lol look on www.realestate.com.au for places set how much you want to spend per week and then post thread asking about them areas...try north adelaide close to city

alex

Actually, Brooklyn Park isn't on the flight path. The current flight path (from NE) includes Medindie, Walkerville, North Adelaide (all extremely wealthy suburbs) as well as Cowandilla and Hilton. The SW approach comes off the gulf and over Glenelg North. Brooklyn Park is becoming quite a funky place to live again with a lot of younger people choosing the area due it's location to the city and the beach (less than 10 minutes drive to both) and easy access to Henley Beach Road, local parks and sporting facilities. It's quite affordable due to there being a lot of older houses, but many of these are being knocked down and re-developed. There also good sized townhouses and units available, again appealing to young couples and singles. Check out realestate.com.au or domain.com.au for more info on house availibility.

Cheers, Kazza.