In Ground Swimming Pools

Guest duncans

Guest duncans

Has anyone had experience of putting in an in-ground swimming pool? I have read that if a house has not got a pool already it is often difficult to get one put in. Is this just because of restricitions, planning or other reasons. If you can put them in then how much is an average spec in ground pool?

Finally i see all the new build offers never seem to have a pool as spec does anyone know if you can add it to your spec (for more cash obviously!)

Guest guest569

As long as you have the room for a pool then you should be ok to have one installed. You just need council permission and then a water permit tio fill it up. Both of these are done by the pool company. For an average sized pool you should allow $30k.

Guest Wersal Gummage
As long as you have the room for a pool then you should be ok to have one installed. You just need council permission and then a water permit tio fill it up. Both of these are done by the pool company. For an average sized pool you should allow $30k.
I agree with everything the Passionate Pom has said.

When I had my Pool installed 2 years ago $30,000 included $2000 of fencing and Approx $2,000 Of Solar heating but Obviously things are a little dearer now.

$30,000 would be a good starting amount to put aside for your Pool, give or take a couple of Grand.

I have read that if a house has not got a pool already it is often difficult to get one put in
I don't agree with that. if that were true wouldn't the Pool companies be out of Business ?:err:

Guest Nick11

It's very easy - just choose the right pool company.

I can recommend adelaide pool and spas. They did a fantastic job for us. I can also warn you about another company - pm me if you want to know their name.

• 1 year later...

I can recommend adelaide pool and spas. They did a fantastic job for us. I can also warn you about another company - pm me if you want to know their name.

Hi

Was wondering who to avoid? We are building down in Aldinga and want a pool, any other recommendations?

Thanks Hamish

we had a pool installed by these guys (ASA) and i wouldn't recomend them to anyone,

six months on and still having problems.

friends of ours used freedom and had nil problems.

Guest Pennywise Rentals

I used "Summertime pools" they are located in the Northern Suburbs. I got the largest pool with all the equip including heater and installation under $27000 3 years ago. They gave me a free rainwater tank in the deal. The contractors were excellent and very professional. All applications were handled by them. They provided me with a list of child proof latches that needed to be installed.