High Rental Costs??

Guest Beccy72

Guest Beccy72

:sad:We are looking to get a furnished rental for a few months while we settle in but all the web sites I have looked at are charging in the region of £1,400 per month which seems really expensive, especially as we will be finding work once we are there. We were led to believe that housing in SA was much cheaper than the UK.

Am I looking in the wrong place or has anyone got any other suggestions as to what to do with regard to accomodation?

:sad:We are looking to get a furnished rental for a few months while we settle in but all the web sites I have looked at are charging in the region of £1,400 per month which seems really expensive, especially as we will be finding work once we are there. We were led to believe that housing in SA was much cheaper than the UK.

Am I looking in the wrong place or has anyone got any other suggestions as to what to do with regard to accomodation?

Hi and welcome

Now i think you need to be slightly more specific if you need more information,ie where do you want to live, hoe big is your famil, what is your budget?

£1400 does seem high for an average house, though as above i have no idea what you are looking at or where :)

Guest rachinadelaide

$1400 per month sounds pretty good for a furnished place. That's about $320 a week. That's what we paid for our unfurnished rental (3 bed, 2 bath in ok condition in west lakes) almost 5 years ago!

We've just bought a place to let as a furnished apartment so I've been doing some research into prices in the Western suburbs and you'd be very lucky to get something for $1400 a month... I have no idea about prices across the rest of Adelaide though!

realestate.com.au is a good place to look.

Good luck!

Rach

Guest Django

If you read OP post again you will see the 1,400 is £ not $.

I would say that this is about the going rate for a short term fully furnished rental. That works out at around the $700 a week. From experience I would say that it will be the best £1,400 you will spend.

Pete

$1400 per month sounds pretty good for a furnished place. That's about $320 a week. That's what we paid for our unfurnished rental (3 bed, 2 bath in ok condition in west lakes) almost 5 years ago!

We've just bought a place to let as a furnished apartment so I've been doing some research into prices in the Western suburbs and you'd be very lucky to get something for $1400 a month... I have no idea about prices across the rest of Adelaide though!

realestate.com.au is a good place to look.

Good luck!

Rach

The original poster said 1400 pounds...not dollars.....someone else has posted $700 week for furnished...so that would be $2800 a month...roughly 1400 pounds....

OOOPS....sorry, someone beat me to it!

Guest The Pickles

£1400 a month probably is incredibly expensive if you're used to rental prices in Yorkshire (we were used to high rent having lived in London) but I have to agree that it probably is the best money you'll spend... we booked a short term fully furnished rental from the UK (Roo Rentals) and it certainly helped us settle in to Adelaide nicely. No need to worry about anything, these houses are kitted out with everything to make you feel at home.

Whatever you decide, good luck!

Guest Django
Cripes!!! Not used to that pound sign any more..

Apologies for the confusion in my brain!

:biglaugh: I only realised after reading the first post for the third time. How soon we forget eh???? :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest bugbabe
... we booked a short term fully furnished rental from the UK (Roo Rentals) and it certainly helped us settle in to Adelaide nicely. No need to worry about anything, these houses are kitted out with everything to make you feel at home.

Wow, thanks for this! I had no idea something like this was available. I love this site. I have learnt so much and probably saved myself loads of time and a fortune too! :notworthy:

Guest Beccy72

It sounds like we won't need to rent fully furnished for more than a month by all your stories so it doesn't seem so bad now. It would be perfect to have that initial period to settle in and look for unfurnished from a nice base with all we would need - especially with a toddler!!

Feel lots better about it now - just need the visa and to decide exactly where to head for! xxx:)