How do you obtain building/ termite reports?

jo_marnes

Guest panther
Hi,

We are thinking about buying and were wondering how you go about obtaining a building report and a termite inspection? Are there specific companies who you go to for this? How much does it cost?

Thanks,

Jo xx

A buiding report i think is necessary and its around $500 , a termite inspection can be undertaken seperately but that is up to you as a buiding inspection should idicate if there have been and thats all.

Best of luck

PS Are you still looking in the marino area?

Guest kangomik

I contacted the Master Builders Association for recommended Inspectors in the area we were looking to buy. We ended up using Housespect (8344 2590). They do pre-purchase structural and building inspections.

Basic is the structural inspection = $390 inc GST

Inspect principle structural components. Walls, floors, ceilings, roof space, etc internally. External footings (where visible) walls, roof, retaining walls, patio, pergolas, and fence.

Can also have the Building Inspection for an extra $70 (Total $460 inc GST). All of the above is inspected but includes whole house. Gutters, downpipes, external plumbing, timber work throughout, paintwork. Plumbing, gas and electrical visual.

Re. pest infestations – they said the builder is always on lookout for signs of termite or pests. They don't do a specific test, but if the report states house is in good structural order and it isn't, they are covered by professional indemnity.

Hope this helps.

Mrs Kangomik (Louise)

Guest Rachel & Jeff

Thanks for your recommendation Louise.

I have recently started working at Houspect and the standard of the inspectors and the reports is excellent. Wish I'd known about them when I bought my house as it cost more and was not very 'readable'.

PS - If you book us and mention this post you will get a 5% discount.

Rachel

we just used Noel from API knows his stuff and a really nice bloke didn't pay as a lot of other place that quoted us and we seemed to get more for our money. Think he does pest as well? he did tell us our place did have white ants and what to do about them.

His number is 0423 618553 or 83956216 tell Tina (mad southern bird lol) gave you his number and he'll look after you x

Good luck with the house sale x

• 1 year later...
Guest mikpeace
A buiding report i think is necessary and its around $500 , a termite inspection can be undertaken seperately but that is up to you as a buiding inspection should idicate if there have been and thats all.

Best of luck

PS Are you still looking in the marino area?

Try Peace of Mind home inspections they charge around $400 for a single story full structural / building inspection and provide a thorough written report (they don't do pest inpections, try bug boyz.com) he was very thorough and explained everything clearly and found solutions for all of the problems he found!

Guest angiestaff
we just used Noel from API knows his stuff and a really nice bloke didn't pay as a lot of other place that quoted us and we seemed to get more for our money. Think he does pest as well? he did tell us our place did have white ants and what to do about them.

His number is 0423 618553 or 83956216 tell Tina (mad southern bird lol) gave you his number and he'll look after you x

Good luck with the house sale x

we had noel and billy (he does termite inspection) out for a house we have bought last week, they are excellent, well worth $500. even the real estate agent said they are thorough and worth the money, can't recommend them enough

angie x