Where else if not Glenelg or Norwood????

Guest fuji70

Hi all

I've just been awarded my temp visa (finally!!!!) I'm heading to Adelaide around the 14th September.

I'm a single lass and I want to find somewhere to live with a bit of life, without it being too noisy. I'm 39 and my partying days are done, but I still like the bar/cafe culture.

I was recommended Norwood or Glenelg, but there doesn't seem to be an awful lot in my budget.

Where else would people suggest?? I'll have a scooter so I will save on car ownership.

Thanks for your help. :)

Jo

OOOh, a dilema, there kiddo!

East or west???

The eastern burbs are a little more refined, imo, but you could try rostrevor, maghill, stoney fell, and burbs between.............easy access to the city, and some are cheaper than others!

Western......Henley beach, brighton, west lakes! Easy beach reaches.

North.......... go golden grove, tea tree gully, but no further

South........ hallet cove, seaview, seacliffe.............marino, is very nice too.

Depends on your needs.

For the best advice, stay within 10k of the CBD.....................and hey presto, party central......allegedly.

Be good

Unley, parkside and surrounds. There is a cafe strip in King William Rd and Unley Rd and if you are after a small place to live it might be cheaper there than Norwood and both are not too far from the city. Have you also looked in the city centre itself because there are lots of cafes and the market etc there. The older style flats are still reasonable to rent.

Guest Rob and Clare

I think all the main cafe strips have already been mentioned, Magill, Burnside, North Adelaide, Melbourne St, Unley, Glenelg, Brighton, Henley Beach, Semaphore and of course the city itself. Probably some of the cheaper rentals will be had in Glenelg (apartments though) and the city (again apartments). Every area though does offer a little cafe culture, either through the odd cafe (very good one at Christies Beach) or many suburbs will have them in their indoor shopping centres (not quite the same though).

One other option could be Mawson Lakes, cheaper than the places listed above, we don't have the same amount of cafe's / bars, but for a outer suburb it's certainly one of the better places that offers this lifestyle with 5 dedicated Cafe's, 1 pub, 4 restaurants, and all the other amenities you could want, all within an enclosed village feel, easy to get around by foot or scooter, and with train / bus links to the city etc. and it's still only 12 km from the city.

Check out http://www.mawsonlakescommunity.com.au/ if you want to know more.