Midway apartments _ short term rent.

Guest Summer05

Guest Summer05

Dear all,

My other half has managed to secure a two weeks rental for us when we arrive at the Midway apartments in Adelaide.

The apartments seem to be like minutes away from the CBD, although very very basic apartments.

Has anyone got any experience with this. We have only paid a deposit so far. THe rent is $425 per week.

THank you all for your replies to my earlier post.

Warm regards

Eda & James

i stayed in there for one night, the internet pictures look very nice, but when we walked up stairs the smell of damp was present (we had room on top of stairs to left) we was told the room was cleaned but under sofa was inch of dirty hair and food the picture frames was very dusty and kitchen was crap there was food on all cutlery and as for the rooms we booked a 2 bed room with queen bed...the bed in room was double and other room was sofa bed...the bed sheets were dirty and there was a plactic garden chair in room...in other words dont go there!!! we ended in staying in a place called fullerton motors (outside bus-stop NO9) on glen osmand road.

its up to you others will say differant but whwn you travel to the other side of the world on good hopes and then get let down you kinda get a little pissed off, but other then that enjoy australia

duncan-clan

Guest Summer05
I agree with Duncan-Clan - find somewhere else to stay! The apartments in reality are nothing at all like the pictures on their website.

Sarah

Thank you Sarah and Duncan for taking the time to reply. Much appreciated.You are absolutely right in what you say, in terms of moving to the other side of the world only to find a damphole. ( I will get really down, especially after living behind our beautiful 4 bed house in Essex!

For the sake of $100-150 dollars more we can get a much nicer property. I will check the place Duncan mentioned above.

I am so grateful for your replies.

All the best and kind regards

Eda & James

Guest Summer05
your welcome www.travbuddy.com/Fullarton-Motor-Lodge-Adelaide-v304232 to book i was happy with the place its a family own lodge there do have family rooms i stayed there for a week when i arrived last march before moving to mawson lakes

also where abouts are in essex? i used to live in dagenham

alex

Au how nice, you guys lived just around the corner from us. We lived just off gallows corner roundabout, in Harold Wood. How funny as we have done a lot of research and we intend to move to Mawson Lakes when we arrive there. Small world!!!.

Hope all is going well with you over there. I am panicking now. L

Thanks a million for the link above. We’ll keep you updated on how we get on with the rental.

Kind regards

Eda & James

Guest Summer05
and above mentioned motel is only minutes from the CBD. there are a couple of playgrounds within walkable distance and a supermarket or 2 in the area. Also maccas (mcdonalds) and a few restaurants.

Thanks a lot for the post. We have just looked at this place and it looks lovely, but to our disappointment it’s fully booked for the period we want it ! L

Funny as this is now reminding me of the stress I endeavoured during the visa process.

cheers

Eda & James