We have made no progress!!!!!

Guest Summer05

Guest Summer05

We have made no progress with our short term rental. Have contacted quite a lot of estate agents, on line by phone, but everything seems either fully booked or ridiculously priced sth like $150-200 per night!!!

I am so disappointed as if we don’t find anything else we may end up at the midway apartments!!!!!:arghh: If that’s still available.

Any thoughts please???

Warm regards

Eda & James

Caravan parks are always a good option if you're stuck (or indeed if you fancy it anyway). There's a few in the metro area to chose from with chalet style accom. For central locations, try the Big4 Marion and West Beach caravan park (or Christies and Moana also if you're looking a little further south - great beaches).

Apartments are usually available for short term. We used baybeach apartments in Glenelg for our recce, and I stayed in a unit in North Adelaide when I came over for the first month (I can't remember the name but there were others at the time using "dresscircle").

Stick with it, but a lot of estate agents are not interested until you're actually here...

Guest Summer05

My husband has been in touch last night with someone at Adelaide Central Apartments in East Terrace and I think we may have a deal to stay there for four weeks.

I have also contacted Bernadette as advised above (thank you so much Laura) and I am waiting to hear from her.

Thank you all for posting in this forum. It has been great reading this post. Sorting out this rental from over here has been a bit of a drama, it’s been like screaming our head off and often we have a joke with hubby and I say let’s call the solicitor now! J

Warm regards

Eda & James

Guest Summer05
did you try that place in glen osmand road? we had no problem booking from uk!! we booked in 2006 for week and again in april last year when we turned up they remembered us....

alex

Hi Alex - thanks a lot , yes we did but it was fully booked and it did seem pretty nice too. The problem we are facing is that the 3 OCt that we are coming seems to be pretty booked everywhere.

I think hopefully we will book this place tonight.

All the best

Eda