Seaford.

Guest needtogonow

Guest needtogonow

Hello,

We are a family of four looking at moving over to Adelaide in January 2010.

We like the look of Seaford/meadows/rise. Could anybody tell me if these are good areas to live, how far is it to comute to Adelaide centre and if the beach is a decent swimming beach.

Any information would be a fantastic help for us.

Thanks,

Bex.x

Hiya

That area in general is not bad at all.It is popular with new arrivals

45 mins into the CBD.Could be a few mins either way depending on traffic.

The lovely Moana Beach on your doorstep. (well it's not quite as lovely until the seaweed shifts from the storm)

The beach will be great by the time you arrive in January - I've noticed in my short time down here, how much busier it is on a weekend (the Seaford/Moana area is getting a lot bigger)! You can park on the beach at Moana, you'll soon find yourself wondering how you managed just parking by the beach :) Beach gets baby surf at the South end and half decent at the North end, so covers most needs, and as it's shallow shelfing, is pretty safe for swimming.

IMO as a resident of Seaford Rise, it's a lovely area. The CBD commute time is long, but as the last half of it is on the expressway cruising at 100km's with beautiful scenery unfolding before you, it's not a big thing. After a long day at work, a detour to the espanade on the way home on a summers evening is a real pleasure.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, stumbled across your post, I think we've crosseed before on Poms in Oz, we too are flying out in Jan 2010 and looking to live in Seaford Rise as we have close family friends there and they have been a great source of info. They sent us some DVD of trips out and about including a 'live drive' down to the beach, it looks lovely and we cant wait.

We are contactable at marksowter@btinternet.com until we move so if you fancy making contact please do as I'm sure 7 heads are better than 4. Good luck with the move, we are busy trying to let house at the moment, seems to be going well as 1 viewing this week so far and another 3 tomorrow/Saturday so should be on schedule for Jan 20th flights, removals in 2nd week in Jan so fingers crossed we'll see you on the beach.

Our daughter is 8 and she was wondering what age your kids are as she loves making new friends.

Kind regards

Mark, Tania ad Emily Sowter

P.S Further to the above, looks like we have tennents at last, just waiting for checks etc from agent then were full steam ahead for January 2010!!!

Hello,

We are a family of four looking at moving over to Adelaide in January 2010.

We like the look of Seaford/meadows/rise. Could anybody tell me if these are good areas to live, how far is it to comute to Adelaide centre and if the beach is a decent swimming beach.

Any information would be a fantastic help for us.

Thanks,

Bex.x