Adelaide Properties

ianb

Since we came back from our reccie to Adelaide we have been asked a number of times about the property we have purchased already, about how we went about it and how we found the purchase went.

Just for the record we have found the purchase to have been less stressful than buying a property in the UK, even one thats local! I think that this has been possible due to companies we have dealt with during the purchase. The company we have dealt with is a company called Monopoly Reality Holdings which is an Adelaide based company (www.monopolyrh.com) and we have been dealing with Ben Howard (ben@monopolyrh.com) who we have found to be extremely helpful throughout the whole process. If ever we had a question we would just email Ben in the evening and more often than not, the next morning an answer would be in the inbox which made us feal really comfortable and confident.

As part of our purchase package we have already on board dealing with the purchase an accountant, solicitor, property managers and financial advisor and others behind the scene. During our reccie we was introduced to the whole team including the Builders (Devine) and all offered advice and said that if ever we have any questions during the purchase and then when we finally move to Adelaide they are always willing to help.

What has really surprised us is now we have purchased the house the levels of contact from the team has actually increased with information and guidance, where as in the UK the people you would have dealt with here would just disappear once they have got your money! We was told right at the start what to expect and all the costs involved based on a realistic guide. Most of the costs have actually been less as they say they want the experience of the purchaser to be as open as possible. Well as far as we are concerned they have delivered all the promises and more and we would not hesitate to deal with the same team when we finally get to Adelaide.

Now we know that everyone wants different things from their first home in Adelaide but if our experiences make someone else do what we have we can only recommend speaking to Ben from Monopoly and we are sure that you would be offered the same level of service. Im sure if you mention us and our experiences you will be treated the same as we have.

Sorry to go on but we know what it is like finding out who the good people to deal with when dealing with something so important so far away and you can only rely on good recommendations. As we have had a number of people ask we thought it would be best to post our experiences.

Thanks Ian, just one question really, you don't yet have a visa so I take it FIBA are happy with you buying this early in your application.

I know on our visa the SIR495, we have to complete an application to buy, I believe its very straight forward, but its not a given but another process for them to say yay or nay.

Still a great post & I am glad its all working out well for you guys.

Very best of luck with the rest of the application

Angela

Thanks Ian, just one question really, you don't yet have a visa so I take it FIBA are happy with you buying this early in your application.

I know on our visa the SIR495, we have to complete an application to buy, I believe its very straight forward, but its not a given but another process for them to say yay or nay.

Angela,

Yes we had to egt approval from the FIBA, this took about 2-3 weeks to get but was all handled by the team in Adelaide.

Good luck