Any pomms in west lakes?

Guest Jamie&Carrie

Guest Jamie&Carrie

Hi guys, we've been offered the chance to take over a friends rental at west lakes as they are breaking their lease. Its a gorgeous 2 bed house right on the lake front and the rent is very reasonable. Just wondering if anyone lives around there and can tell us what the area is really like?

Thanks

Carrie

Guest Kazzarazza

Absolutely love this area - wouldn't ever want to live anywhere else. Everything you could want is in walking distance - beach, lake, duck pond walk, shops, cafes, cinema, hotel bars, footy, 2 golf courses, tennis club, gyms, water sports, lovely walks, primary school. 5 mins drive to Semaphore, Henley or the Port. 10 mins drive to Glenelg. 20 mins to city. Good public tranpsort with buses at West Lakes Mall and train at Grange or Port Adelaide. Lived in Norwood, Hallett Cove and Tasmania in Oz and I'm more than happy to be a West Lakes Shore/West Lakes lifer.

Can you tell I love it here, lol!!

Guest rachinadelaide

I'll second Kazzarazza's reply! We originally rented at West Lakes Shore and then bought in West Lakes 3 years ago. We love it! There is the occasional hoon around but where isn't there in Adelaide...?!

From our house (East shore of lake) we can walk to WL mall, Ethelton train station, the beach, Port Adelaide - all within a 30 minutes. We have a kayak to use in the lake without having to transport it anywhere. We can walk to the West Lakes Hotel for a drink or to the restaurants along Brebner Drive (next to the mall). The lake is OK to swim in in the summer (if we've not had rain).

I would say the only down side is trying to drive to the mall when you've forgotten that a Crows game is on...

Guest Kazzarazza
I would say the only down side is trying to drive to the mall when you've forgotten that a Crows game is on...

Aaaahh well. The only way to fix that is to get yourself a ticket to the footy and forget the shopping (leave that until the power are playing - ouch I don't think I should have said that!!) :jiggy:

Guest Bristol_Christine_BRFC

I lived at West Lakes and didn't like it!!!!! It looks nice but i found living on the lake was cold even on the hottest of days. Its so open there the wind can be nasty. But thats just my opinion.. clearly its good for some :)

Guest Anne29

Only ever lived near West Lakes, but we love it. We currently live at Newport Quays (which is about a 5 min drive from West Lakes) and wouldn't ever move to any other suburb as it has everything we need within a short distance:notworthy:

Guest rachinadelaide
Only ever lived near West Lakes, but we love it. We currently live at Newport Quays (which is about a 5 min drive from West Lakes) and wouldn't ever move to any other suburb as it has everything we need within a short distance:notworthy:

Our rental apartment is at Newport Quays.... I should employ you as marketing agent for it!!

Guest Anne29
Our rental apartment is at Newport Quays.... I should employ you as marketing agent for it!!

Had a nosey at your apartment pics, it looks lovely!! I have a sneaky feeling that we live in the same block (and opposite), how funny is that? :biglaugh:

Lol, I could do with a job right now. I'm becoming a dab hand @ cleaning if you ever need anyone!

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Nick Tuck

Im a real estate agent thats based on the lake in West Lakes and I love it. Its a great area. Lots of families and its an upmarket area.

Very close to all you need with a big shopping centre.

there are only a few pubs & restaurants though but Henley & Semaphore are a stones throw away.

Also easy to get city.

Its a very good area in demand when selling houses.