Anyone used DirectConnect for utilities?

Guest fuji70

Guest fuji70

Hiya

I move into my rental on Wednesday. My estate agent has given me the DirectConnect form to fax off to get my utilities connected. Anyone else used this method? Is it ok? If not, what are the other gas and electric utility options??

It seems a bit of a faff to get it sorted, and how do I know if I'm getting the best deal price wise??

Thanks

Jo

I used them when I moved into my rental last year. They only offer connections with certain companies (i.e. AGL for power and, I think, Optus for phone - I organised my own phone connection) but I felt it was easiest to get them to organise everything in one go. Craig at Direct Connect was extremely helpful and sorted things out when AGL were being pains about installing the gas meter (it was a new property). I imagine you could change to another company after connection if you thought they were cheaper, but I'm not sure if there are contract lengths?

Guest fuji70

Hiya

I'm holding off on the phone as I don't use a landline really except for broadband and I've had to go with a dongle, to avoid a 2 year contract.

Just need gas and leccy, tho I've just read the smallprint and you have to switch the leccy off until midnight on the day you want it activated??? What the flip is that about?? :err: