Aldinga Beach

Guest k8bug79

Guest k8bug79

Hi, I am nowhere near ready to move yet but I am just doing research into schools and houses ready to present to my ex (so I can get stat dec for my daughter to join me and my hubby)

I have pretty much decided we want to live south or south east. Main reasons being that we come from Cornwall and are use dto quiet open spaces, so anywhere nea the city will be a reality shock. I like the proximity of the hills and the fact the beach is very close too. I have spoteed a couple of houses in Adlinga Beach that look really nice and very affordable (renting) but when I google earth it it seems to be seperate from actual Adelaide itself. This is not a problem but can someone tell me what the area is like (yes I know everyones opinions differ) so maybe I can ask does it sound like it suits me.

We are looking for a nice quiet family orientated area. Easy access to the city (even if it means a comute) good schools and plenty of facilities. Nice beaches yet close to ethe countryside? Also is there public transport into Adelaide?

Thanks very much

Hi

I don't live in Aldinga so can't talk from experience, but it seems nice to me. There is a lot of building work going on there, so lots of new houses going up (hubbie works there as a brickie)

The beach is lovely and is popular as you can take your car onto the beach, therefore i believe that it does get busy in the summer (I'm sure someone else will be able to tell you for def)

You do get more for your money with renting and buying as it is quite a way out. I don't think that it has a direct link to the city on the train. I suspect that it may be around 1 hour????? drive to the city.

I could quite happily chosen to live there and we did find a great house to rent, but i will be travelling to the CBD by train for my job and hubbies new job is near the city too, so it just would not have worked for us.

Hope this helps

Mel

Guest k8bug79
Hi

I don't live in Aldinga so can't talk from experience, but it seems nice to me. There is a lot of building work going on there, so lots of new houses going up (hubbie works there as a brickie)

The beach is lovely and is popular as you can take your car onto the beach, therefore i believe that it does get busy in the summer (I'm sure someone else will be able to tell you for def)

You do get more for your money with renting and buying as it is quite a way out. I don't think that it has a direct link to the city on the train. I suspect that it may be around 1 hour????? drive to the city.

I could quite happily chosen to live there and we did find a great house to rent, but i will be travelling to the CBD by train for my job and hubbies new job is near the city too, so it just would not have worked for us.

Hope this helps

Mel

Thanks thats great

Guest guest3462

Hi there, We have built a house in Aldinga Beach and we LOVE IT!!! The area is quiet and there are a lot of UK families especially in the 2 new housing estates. There are a number of schools in the area, most being about 10-15 mins drive away and both public and private. We have a surf life saving club and there are quite a few other activites for youngsters to get involved with. The beach is beautiful and with the added bonus of being able to drive on, but it does get busy in high season and we prefer the 2 min drive to silver sands where the kids can run on the beach without fear of being run over.

It takes approx 45 mins to drive into the city, perhaps a bit less if you have the expressway on your side, but there is a direct train link from Noarlunga which is 15mins drive away, there are plans to extend the tram links down here too at some point. There is a regular bus service but I have never used it. We are close to Seaford (10 mins) and Noarlunga(15mins) and there are shopping centres at both, the collonades in Noarlunga having most things that you might need. Marion Westfield shopping centre is half hour away and is a huge mall with every shop in it.

We rarely go into the city,as we don't really need to, but if you want/need to there is seldom any problem getting there, trains run every 30mins from Noarlunga and costs are reasonable.

We are perfectly located if you enjoy a quiet lifestyle, being 5 mins from the most beautiful beaches in SA and 10 mins from the increasingly beautiful Mclaren Vale wine region and countryside.

Personally I would highly recommmend it here, but I live here and i'm really happy.

Happy researching

JC xxxxx

Hi, I live in Seaford but know a lot of people who live in Aldinga and who are quite happy there. I personally prefer Seaford and it is a little more compact, schoole, shops, library, doctors etc are almost all in walking distance. Beach and hills are close by as well. A lot of building going on here (slightly more expensive than Aldinga I believe) but still worth considering.

I work in Marion (Westfield Plaza) and via the Express Way it only takes about 20 minutes and the Express Way is rarely congested. It's also not far to Noarlunga train station (and Seaford's extension to the rail is starting soon).

If you need any more info, let me know.

Michael

Guest LOOBYLOO

We live in Aldinga Beach. It was just a starting point for us but we really liked it and decided to settle. Started off in a rental on the Sunday Estate - nice area and handy for beach and shops. We're now more rural - lots of spiders and lizards (no snakes yet!) but you get used to them (well at least I don't scream when I see them). My sons go to school in Willunga (primary and high school - 10 mins from Aldinga) and they've settled in well and are happy.

We're coming up on our first year here and love our new life.

Guest kelv&haley

hi ya we spent our first 3 weeks in aldinga,we choose it because we are from a village in somerset and like you we dont feel the city is for us,since being here we have realised that things are much more spread out,so you need a car even for the school run,we have never been a 2 car family but here it is a essential....we have now got a 12 month rental in seaford,still along way from the city but closer to shops,school etc,and still has the beautiful beach like you would get in aldinga,and there is also surf club to join for the kids at moana,think both areas suit someone from the english countryside,its early days for us but we love both areas,just my opinions,but so far we love both