Location Location Location

Guest mark&rachel

Guest mark&rachel

Dear All

Im looking at coming To SA to live in March and having a reccy trip in Jan for Potential places to live.

Can anyone reccommend places that are near the sea, near ish Adelaide and suitable for a family with Kids aged 1, 3 and 5?

Any help much appreciated

Guest angiestaff
Dear All

Im looking at coming To SA to live in March and having a reccy trip in Jan for Potential places to live.

Can anyone reccommend places that are near the sea, near ish Adelaide and suitable for a family with Kids aged 1, 3 and 5?

Any help much appreciated

we live in west lakes, which is 5 min(car) from the beach, 2 min (car) from westfield shopping centre and 20 min from city (in car), we love the area...it's nice and quiet but you need a car as it's a good 20 min walk to anything. i'm sure others will recommend where they live too, it's all down to personal choice really....just hire a car and drive! lol

ange

Guest Guest75
Wynn Vale/Golden Grove, they've got the lot.

Stevo

Onkaparinga Hills - they leave the bad bits out :biglaugh:

Seriously - it's very difficult to narrow down to one suburb until you arrive.

Work and schools will dictate your area normally.

Guest ben&sharon

Best thing you can do is try and get hold of a map before you come (or when you arrive), draw a circle around the area that suits (distance from city / sea), and then get in the car and drive around.

Everyone likes different things and has different tolerances to travel times, access to shops, schools etc. We love where we are and think it's beautiful and ideally located, but there are plenty on here that disagree (don't start!), and prefer their own choices......

Good luck - it's an exciting time, and you are doing the best thing by coming out here for a reccie - we did, and I've never regretted spending the money.

Guest guest3462

We live in Aldinga Beach and we are very happy. My husband currently works as a Dr at the airport and will be relocating to Royal Adelaide Hospital in Feb, both of which are less than an hours drive away. We have a 2 and a 3 year old who have loads of friends their ages and there are lots of social groups for mums and tots too. My eldest is starting kindy next term and we chose to take her to Willunga 10 mins away, but there are about 5 good schools around us.

We love living right next to the beach. Seaford is 10 mins away and Westfields shopping centre 30 mins. Adelaide centre is 45 mins if you have the expressway on your side.

However, as everyone else has mentioned, this our personal preference, I know people who wouldn't live here ever as it is a bit "rural" lol! I would find it hard living in the hills, but I still think its lovely.

It is great to get loads of different personal perspectives, but until you see these places for yourselves its almost impossible to know where you want to be. I knew I wanted a beachside location and when we came last year I fell in love with Aldinga Beach. The biggest bonus of all was that our best friends from uni had just started building here too!!!

Good luck and happy hunting

JC xxxx