? doggy friendly

ejaytee

I think you might experience considerable difficulty in getting a rental with 3 dogs. My only advice would be to make yourself known to a lot of letting agents and shout loudly that you are willing to pay a higher price than advertised. Most dogs in oz live outside even at night - completely alien to us poms..but the norm here. Would you be willing to do this.. might help in securing a rental.

Guest Guest75
I think it's a good idea to let the agents know, particularly as some councils only allow two dogs to be kept unless they give special permission. Might just mean you'll want a bigger yard?

I'm sure you'll find something, you might just need to be a little more flexible.:wubclub:

LC.

I agree,sorry to say that landlords will not be keen on 3 dogs I'm afraid.

In the Onkaparinga council district you will deffo need special permission for 3 dogs - we found that out a couple of years ago.We took in a third Bedlington Terrier and had to have the property inspected by a ranger.

I reckon your best bet is to arrange for the dogs to stay in kennels for your first few weeks, and find somewhere to buy fast! You can easily have a 4 week completion period on purchases here so if you time their trip and quarantine right, it should be possible. Think you'll be very very lucky to find somewhere that will agree to three dogs - and if you do find somewhere chances are it will be a really grotty place that couldn't get tenants otherwise - not a good start to your new life I'd think!

Guest brussel sprout

Don't give up, we are just about to break our lease as the landlord is refusing to allow our dog in or out of the house (long story), when she arrives here mid March. However we have found a really nice large house, good location and the landlord is fine with the dog in or out of the house. My brother is also renting in the hills and found a house which allows the dog inside and they've just been given permission to have a second dog.... so it isn't impossible.

I agree it will be more difficult with 3, but you may have to offer to pay more or sign something to say you will pay for any damage caused by the dogs.

Our problem is finding someone to take over our 4 bed house as we have signed up for the new one already...if you know anyone?? (but they won't allow pets that's definite!)

Good luck anyway!

Guest missebby

One thing that may help is offering a doggy bond like u would pay a bond on the house just incase u trash it well it works the same for a dog or in ur case dogs I am not sure what the going rate is but it might make landlords feel more at ease when renting to dog owners.

I didnt know poms kept there dog in doors at night that is sooo wierd but I guess the fact that we keep our dogs outside is wierd to all of u lol and its sooo cold over there that rover would prob go into a semi-cryogenic state if left outside over night lol

Guest angiestaff

[quote name=

I didnt know poms kept there dog in doors at night that is sooo wierd but I guess the fact that we keep our dogs outside is wierd to all of u lol and its sooo cold over there that rover would prob go into a semi-cryogenic state if left outside over night lol[/quote]

lol, my 2 are bad enough when it's cold, reggie's teeth even chatter!! and he used to drop major hints 4 us to turn the fire on :biglaugh:

no wonder they're happier now we're in adelaide (except 2nite with the thunder and lightening.....poor reg is trying to attach himself to my husbands arm!!...which at 01.00 he is NOT finding funny!)

ange x

Guest Lauren & Alan

Unless people have pets they just don't understand how they are

a part of the family. My children cause more potential mess to a property then my dogs and cats put together!! LOL

As a former estate agent here in the UK my advice to people wanting to rent with pets was to not tell the agent straight away. Build up a rapor and wait until you see a property you want to make an offer of rental on. If you are too honest first hand they will point blank say no but if they are faced with an offer they have to put it to their client and that's when you can go in with offering larger bond etc to strengthen your case. Most properties have tiled floors so its not as if they can damage carpets?

Also, take photos of your home to show they how you keep it clean and tidy as proof may help.

Good luck!

hi, was wondering just how easy it is to get a rental when you have pets? We have 3 dogs, 2 large, 1 staffie size and were thinking we may have problems getting an understanding landlord. Any advice, opinions, exxperiences folks? :arghh: