Short term rental in Brighton area?

Guest TraceyT

Guest TraceyT

Could anyone help, I can't seem to find a short term rental property in the Brighton area. We can stretch to Hove or Glenelg, but we need to rent here because we want our son to get into Brighton High School. We are a family of 4.

Thanks in advance,

Tracey x

Could anyone help, I can't seem to find a short term rental property in the Brighton area. We can stretch to Hove or Glenelg, but we need to rent here because we want our son to get into Brighton High School. We are a family of 4.

Thanks in advance,

Tracey x

When are you looking for Tracey? I have a house possibly coming up in Hove in April.

Judi x

Tracy - just be careful about how short your short term rental is. We are in the Brighton Secondary School zone and still had to jump through hoops to get Cate in there. They wanted to see a rental agreement which covered the whole of 2010 (which we didn't have - ours only goes to August.) They asked if we could extend it (which the estate agent said they didn't do it would come up for review 3 months before the end date). The school then asked us to swear an affadavit to say that if we moved then we would stay within the school zone. (And this is with us being within the school zone!) If your son/daughter is musically inclined or good at volleyball then they may get in on a music or volleyball scholarship.

Good luck.

Wendy

Guest steph&neil

Hiya just wanted to add that not all of Brighton is in the zone, I am sure you have looked but print yourself a map of the zone from there website (http://www.bss.gov.au) they will ask your child to leave if you move out of zone during years 8 & 9, if you are looking at year 10 or 11 it will depend on demand for places. Also the zone is very strict so make sure YOU check that it is in zone - an agent will tell you anything they think they want you to hear. Also they have removed the sibling rights policy (so any younger children will not gain a place simply because their brother/sister are at the school already) this applies to the music & volleyball scholarship as of January 2010. Also you should look at Somerton park as most of that area is in zone, also worth noting that even if you move into the Zone at the end of a school year, they do have to accept your child, but like wendy said they will make you sign an agreement!

A great school that is worth trying for, also worth noting that Henley beach has a really good reputation, for their sports (they do a lot more sports programs than brighton), so are just as popular a choice for kids at my daughters school, in Glenelg north, they also do scholarships for 6 diff sports, music, dance & drama! let us know how you get on

hope this helps you steph x

Guest TraceyT

Thank you all for your info, we want to permanently settle in the Brighton area, it looks lovely. If we could rent long term in that area from here in the UK, it would be great, but I believe you need to be in Oz to sort out longer term stuff.

I don't blame the school for doing that, but it makes it difficult to get sorted before we get there.

Could any of you please let me know the dates for the July hols, because that could give us some breathing space to find something more permanent.

I have lots of other questions to post, as we got our visa just a week ago, so I appologise in advance if my name keeps popping up.

Kind regards,

Tracey xx

Guest TraceyT
When are you looking for Tracey? I have a house possibly coming up in Hove in April.

Judi x

Hi Judi,

We are landing on 29th June 2010. Hove I think is in the zone. Would you please be able to send me details. I will send you a PM if I can.

Thanks,

Tracey x

Try one of the local agents ie Sue at Peter Burns. It will be peak time after Xmas so I would encourage you to ring Sue as soon as Xmas is over.Once you are enrolled it does not matter where you move too. If in the Brighton Secondary Zone you get automatic entry. Merry Xmas and have a great New Year.

Margaret

Guest TraceyT
Kevin has just listed a house at Brighton for long term rental on Gumtree. Mob. 0411111805 Good luck. I have short term zoned Brighton Secondary School at Seacliff. Margaret

Thanks Margaret I will have a look.