• Short term rental accommodation, furnished rentals in port Noarlunga Adelaide, South Australia
    Like Tree4Likes
    • 4 Post By John h

Thread: House for sale Maslin Beach.40Yrs in Aussie and loving it

John h

House for sale Maslin Beach.40Yrs in Aussie and loving it

Hi All
      If any one is interested in our home you can view at owner.com.au. The asking price is very flexible.

I have read with interest many of the posts and boy does it bring back memories. After 3 years in Cyprus with the RAF we just could not handle the UK climate. We arrived in Aussie in January 1968 after 6 week cruise costing 10 pounds. Ended up spending 7 Years in Woomera.

We loved Australia but really missed home. Returned to UK in June 1975. Within a week we were ringing Quantas for flight dates and times back to Aussie. We knew many friends who had been back and forth, one couple I remember were back in four weeks. Another couple did the round trip at least three times. We stuck it out for nine months before we came back. The decision to come back was the hardest decision we everhad to make. We arrive back in March 1976 and never looked back. It took nearly 20 years before I stopped barracking for the poms in cricket. I now love Australia and for me it has truely been the lucky country. I have 5 beautiful Aussie grandkids and my son and daughter have good jobs and never been out of work. For me it was and always will be about climate and lifestyle. At 68 years of age It just does not get any better.
      Nick11, jomark, cliffy and 1 others like this.

422 times
      That's a beautiful post.
      Good look hun

Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums