Adinga and Sellicks Beach

Guest Kiki

Hi Guys

Just stretching our boundaries and little and wondering what either of these area's are like for families.

We have 2 kids so any advice on schools also would be greatly appreciated.

Oh and is it miles from no where or a reasonable commute.:policeman:

Best regards

Kimberley x;)

Guest nicky, alan and charlotte

Hi we are in the process of buying a property in Sellicks Beach, we have got children and have been told that it is about 1 hour from Adelaide and 10mins from town which is suposed to have everything that you need. But will have to see for ourselves when we get out there.

Nicky

Hi Guys

Just stretching our boundaries and little and wondering what either of these area's are like for families.

Best regards

Kimberley x;)

Hi, ive never been to either but am also in the process of buying at sellicks beach, sellicks is very small, less than 2000 population but is growing, with several hundred new homes in the pipeline, it has basics but relies on nearby Adinga for anything like serious shoping and schools. It is about an hour from CBD but there are large shopping centers and industrial areas closer maybe 20 to 30 minutes away. If getting into Adelaide often is important to you its proberly best to look further north, for schools Aldinga is proberly best, both are near the beach and are relatively low cost.

Im sure the locals will have a much better idea of the areas though.:)

Simon

Guest dale_jo@

Hi There!!

It`s a fair way south but beautiful!!!

There are lots of holiday houses there in the old part of sellicks but there is a new section which is very nice!!

The old part is still on septic tank so you need to do your research on them and there are local schools aldinga primary,tatachilla lutheran,willunga high so that wouldn`t be a problem!!

Good Luck!!

jo

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Aldinga is closer to Adelaide with Sellicks being a little further on about 10ish mins I would say.

Sellicks beach is my favourite beach and it is about 30 mins from here, Hallett Cove. I would say it is a little more than an hour to cbd, but it would depend on the time of day.

I wouldnt say Aldinga had a town with everything that you need, it certainly wouldnt have everything I need! Having said that your needs might be different to mine. Noarlunga is about 15 mins away form Aldinga. There is a lot of variety there.

I love Sellicks and quite like Aldinga, and would like to live there, but for us personnally, with 2 teenagers, finding work, and schools it is too far out.

Maybe when we retire!!!:wideeyed:.

sarah

I agree both are really beautiful places (especially Sellicks Beach). Don't think I would want to live at either though (just my opinion so)

The septic tanks are awkward - we went to visit friends staying there last summer and in the real heat of a summer's day the smell is terrible and attracts the flies in a big way!

Aldinga is great too - the shops though aren't that great, although you can get your basic requirements. Noarlunga seems to be the nearest major shopping centre (that's really good)!

This isn't meant to put you off in any way just a warning. There are other great places to live nearby where you can still get to the beach

Good luck in your decision

Guest dglamoore

Sellicks has a beautiful beach and there will be lots of new developement in the next few years but for us it was just too far out and not enough shops etc nearby but I am sure that will change over time. It did have a bit of a retirement feel and the new housing estate was like a ghost town :nah:

Aldinga is a little closer and the shopping mall is going to have a major overhaul but again just that bit too far out for entertainment etc for little ones but another lovely beach. Lots and lots of new houses going up but no train link as yet as it stops at Noarlunga.

Like Sarah says would be a gorgeous place to retire but for our family now I would feel too isolated :err:

Lisa:v_SPIN:

Hi Guys

Best regards

Kimberley x;)

Hi Kimberley

I live about 10/15 minutes North of Alldinga in a place called Moana. It has a great beach and is 5 minutes from Seaford shopping centre, which has a Woolworths, Big W, barbers, butchers etc. It takes my husband around an hour to get into the city each morning and the nearest cinema is in Noarlunga which is 1o minute drive from me. Alldinga is great, however the schooling options down there is really limited. We looked at moving to Alldinga but the lack of decent schools made us move further up the coast. Hope some of this helps!!

:notworthy:

Thanks everyone for all your responses and advice. Its really hard isnt it!!!

My problem is Im itching to get there and because I can't I want to get on the property ladder.

Always been the same Frigtened incase I miss anything.

Thanks again

Kimberley x

• 3 months later...
Guest the o'shea's

Hi Kimberly and Kelvin. We have been here 3 weeks and renting in Marino until moving to Aldinga beach. First set our sights on woodcroft, morphett vale, hallet cove. Couldn't find properties we liked or if we did 6 people after everyone so went to Aldinga Beach purchased land and now having house built. Aldinga beach beautiful, fresh air for the kids and fab beach. Schools ok but would recommend mclaren primary 10mins away. Have daughter of 11 and loved the school. Hope to catch up soon. If any more info needed get in touch happy to help.

Hi there

We moved to Seaford in October and have looked around all the areas that were previously mentioned - Hallet Cove, Happy Valley, Morphett Vale, Seaford and Seaford Rise and were struggling to find something we liked that we could afford - I am sure there are lots of lovely houses around but neither Andy nor I are any good at DIY so in that respect it would have meant paying someone to do every job you need doing which eats into any spare monies that you may have. Anyway to get to the point we have bought land at Aldinga - Bayswood estate and are in the process of finalising what sort of house we build. Andy works in the city and I would say that an hours commute is probably right - but he works nights so is going against the traffic and he only works three a week. Thomas is settled in school in Seaford (K7) so if I look around and decide that I dont like the look of the schools - leaving him there would be an option (we lived in Morphett Vale when he started there). It would mean a 10 min drive but thats ok, I will look around the closer options though. We love Aldinga, Sellicks Beach was also another option that we looked at - both are beautiful.

Lindsey

Guest Denise 42

Hi

just to let you know, i love aldinga but having 2 teenagers that dont drive at the moment there is no train that goes there. they stop at Norlanga, Aldinga has a small mall where you can buy most stuff but would need to go to Seaford to get anything other than food stuff ect. Dont know about the buses never got on one.

hope this helps a bit

Denise

Guest Denise 42

Hi

just to let you know, i love aldinga but having 2 teenagers that dont drive at the moment there is no train that goes there. they stop at Norlanga, Aldinga has a small mall where you can buy most stuff but would need to go to Seaford to get anything other than food stuff ect. Dont know about the buses never got on one.

hope this helps a bit

Denise

• 3 weeks later...
Guest suziesouthey@suffolkonlin

Hi

We are moving in July not sure where in Adelaide , so wish you luck and safe journey. We spent 6 weeks in Oz and 2 weeks in Adelaide last year and activated our visa, can you advise on how you went about buying a house before you leave the UK

Best Wishes