Looking for furnished 3 month rental!

Guest rick b

Hi

We have finally been granted our visa after 2 years of waiting! We will arrive in Adelaide on Sat 1st December and we are desperatley looking for some furnished rental for our first 3 months in the country, we would like to be near the Glenelg area if possible.

Can anybody help or give us any contacts who could??

Kay & Rik

Guest Guzzler&Sas

HI Rick and Kay

Hope you got our email and PM. Good luck with the search - our place is about a 20 mins drive from Glenelg but sorry, I don't really know anyone in that area specifically who might be able to help.

All I will say about Glenelg and December is that they equal BIG bucks at that time of year - holiday season, lots of people taking holidays and some holiday homes and caravan parks will already be booked up.

Cheers

SAS

:wubclub:

Hi

We have finally been granted our visa after 2 years of waiting! We will arrive in Adelaide on Sat 1st December and we are desperatley looking for some furnished rental for our first 3 months in the country, we would like to be near the Glenelg area if possible.

Can anybody help or give us any contacts who could??

Kay & Rik

HI Kay & Rik Congratulations on getting your visa's! There is a place called Marineland at West Beach it might be part of the Big 4 Caravan park now but they have nice cabins.

Will get my husband to ask around at work as he works in Glenelg and somebody might have a rental although they are usually unfurnished.

We have a place but it is further south at Aldinga Beach so probably not the right area for you?

Good Luck

hi wendy

thanks for that think we have sorted a place out in seaview downs,whats it like in aldinga for work and stuff do you have to travel far i have heard the beaches are lovely

bye for now

rik,kay,louis,taylor

Hi glad that you have got sorted , Aldinga is about 45 mins to the city it's quieter than glenelg but growing quite quickly, as is Seaford/Noarlunga, not sure what you do for a living, my husband commutes to Glenelg and it takes about 30mins if the expressway is going the right way ( there is talk of making it two way- but not sure when this will happen?)Yes the beaches are great all the way along the coast from surfing to family to fishing (on the jetties) drive on beaches, aquatic reefs and even a nudist beach if your so inclined! Mclaren Vale is 5 mins from the coast there are 60 wineries in the region and around 50 cellar doors where you can go and taste the wine, some great places to eat, an airfield where you can learn to fly, diving, ice rink, plenty of sport, there's plenty to do!

careerone.com.au is a good site for employment, hope this helps? maybe catch up in dec?

hi wendy

aldinga sounds lovely as does all of australia,we are looking for work when we get there,rik is a builder and i am a recruitment manager,do you know of any places to look for recruitment work?????

we have two boys louis 7 and taylor 5 they are very exited about the move ,if only it was so simple,we are very nervous about the whole thing,but i am sure once we get there we will love it.

bye for now

kay,rik,louis,taylor

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ellyrose129

Hi there! I'm new to this site but have just noticed your threads. We arrived in Adelaide nearly 2 years ago and know how difficult it can be trying to find your feet! I just wanted to let you know a couple of things - my husband's sister lives in Seaview Downs - its a really nice area and is only 10 mins drive to Glenelg. Alternatively, there are a few cafe's and restaurants at Brighton (at the bottom of Jetty Road, on the esplanade) - a good website for maps is www.whereis.com. Brighton will be closer to you than Glenelg and not so touristy! Also, you're only 5 mins from Seacliff beach which is also really nice (we spent the afternoon there on Saturday!). The Esplanade (sort of pub restaurant on the Esplanade at Brighton) has a children's room at the back with half a dozen games machines (Xbox or something similar). The food is mediocre but its a good place to keep the kids entertained. Marion shopping centre is really good for shopping - its similar to the Trafford Centre. Also, Seaview Downs Primary is a really good school if you can get your kids in there. Our niece goes there. Your husband being a builder will have no problem finding work - houses are flying up all over the place! Regarding recruitment - I'm not really sure, there is a Select Appointments here, not sure if they will have any info on their website. Otherwise, there is a yellow pages online here. The website is www.yellowpages.com.au. Hope this helps!

Elly

• 2 weeks later...