Trust Housing

LisaWebster87

Guest moonraker1959

Hi is your Mum living in SA or somewhere else in the world?I know for a fact you cannot apply for housing from abroad.If she is in SA,depending on a few factors,she may be eligible,but from what I hear,trust houses are in very short supply.Go onto their website,it might give you a few pointers.

not yet it was just something she was wanting to look into, we in scotland atm but when the house is sold moving across, looking for something cheap as chips to start off with till we get settled it so it was an option worth looking into... any other suggestions apart from private let? really looking at all our options atm, when we go across staying in a holiday let till we get some stuff sorted.... such as buying the essentials lol

Guest moonraker1959

Ok I guess then it depends what visa you are going in on.Google South Australian Housing Trust(I think it might be called something different now)and take a look at the website.In all honesty,even if you are eligible,you are looking at a long wait.I was listening to a local radio station online the other day(I lived in SA for 30 years and still have family there)and on talk back,people were ringing in complaining about the long wait and how alot of pensioners are looking at living in caravans.There must of been something on the news or whatever because it was a subject alot of people were ringing in about.Try this website for free/cheap accomo ok?wwoof.au.com I know a few people that have done this in the past.you might strike it lucky.You work on a farm (the basic is listed but I think you may have to buy the book for the phone numbers ect)for say a couple of hours per day in exchange for accomo and sometimes free meals thrown in.Most of these are short term but sometimes there are longer stays.Whilst one does the farm work(usually is basic type stuff like picking fruit,gardening,basic livestock care ect)the other person could be looking for a paid job and accomo?Good luck with it!