Career change

csobrien1966

After a while of thought and discussion with my family,

i have made a career change. I am in real estate . I have just joined ray white in seaford.

After buying and selling houses here and the hard time i had with agents not returning calls, some times even 2 weeks before a return call, i thought 'how hard is it to communicate with people that have put their biggest asset in life in your hands to sell?'. If i was an agent i would be in contact daily, let them know of all enquiries as they come in. Offer an appointment to view like in the uk during the weekdays, thus

not having to pay for open inspections, as we had to when selling our house. They just thought "cashed up poms they can afford it".

Then trying to get a rental, where do i start with that one lol.

Well being looked at like dirt at each and every open inspection, also

being told "put as much information on the application as you can because as soon as i shut this door i wont remember you". Offering 3 months rent in advance to secure a rental to be told "that is not how it works". I felt as soon as they heard my accent they were not in the slightest bit interested in renting to us.

So in regards to help school of motoring i will still be teaching and testing on a part time basis, with robert looking after it full time.

Chris

Guest Bakers

Congratulations & now at least if we ever do sell (gotta get built first!!) we know who we'll be turning too one of the most honest people i've had the pleasure of meeting, Good luck i'm positive you'll be a great real estate agent :)

Guest doje6863

We're looking to sell our place. Will give you a ring for an appraisal. Wish I had the guts to change careers. Ive been nursing 20+ years but have always wanted to be a wedding planner! Maybe Ill take a leaf out of your book.

Good luck with the new job.

donna

we're looking to sell our place. Will give you a ring for an appraisal. Wish i had the guts to change careers. Ive been nursing 20+ years but have always wanted to be a wedding planner! Maybe ill take a leaf out of your book.

Good luck with the new job.

Donna

thanks for the good luck wish

never say never, have a go!

After a while of thought and discussion with my family,

i have made a career change. I am in real estate . I have just joined ray white in seaford.

After buying and selling houses here and the hard time i had with agents not returning calls, some times even 2 weeks before a return call, i thought 'how hard is it to communicate with people that have put their biggest asset in life in your hands to sell?'. If i was an agent i would be in contact daily, let them know of all enquiries as they come in. Offer an appointment to view like in the uk during the weekdays, thus

not having to pay for open inspections, as we had to when selling our house. They just thought "cashed up poms they can afford it".

Then trying to get a rental, where do i start with that one lol.

Well being looked at like dirt at each and every open inspection, also

being told "put as much information on the application as you can because as soon as i shut this door i wont remember you". Offering 3 months rent in advance to secure a rental to be told "that is not how it works". I felt as soon as they heard my accent they were not in the slightest bit interested in renting to us.

So in regards to help school of motoring i will still be teaching and testing on a part time basis, with robert looking after it full time.

Chris

All the best in your venture,

Cooler

Guest nishman

From all your ventures and careers changes I was going to start calling you Gil (Gunderson from the Simpsons - I can just see you in a red blazer trying to sell the murder house in snowtown...) :)

Perhaps the more successful Cookie (Kwan) would be better - number one on Seaford Rise!

Seriously though, good luck with it - hope it works out for you mate.

PS - I'm sure having your face splashed on the "open" boards will raise a few eyebrows around the area ;)

from all your ventures and careers changes i was going to start calling you gil (gunderson from the simpsons - i can just see you in a red blazer trying to sell the murder house in snowtown...) :)

perhaps the more successful cookie (kwan) would be better - number one on seaford rise!

Seriously though, good luck with it - hope it works out for you mate.

Ps - i'm sure having your face splashed on the "open" boards will raise a few eyebrows around the area ;)

all my career changes? A mechanic for 9 years and a driving instructor

for 18 years is not too bad since i left school at 16.

I cant have my photo on the sign i will drive potential buyers away lol

THANKS FOR BEST WISHES MATE, TIME WE CAUGHT UP FOR A BEER.

Guest nishman
all my career changes? A mechanic for 9 years and a driving instructor

for 18 years is not too bad since i left school at 16.

I cant have my photo on the sign i will drive potential buyers away lol

THANKS FOR BEST WISHES MATE, TIME WE CAUGHT UP FOR A BEER.

Well that's still one more than me :P

I believe beers are set for tomorrow arvo:jiggy:

Guest The Hadleys

Hi Chris

Congratulations on the career change, hope all is good. How have you got your certificate?, are you doing the full six weeks or are you taking part in a traineeship? I too have gone into Real Estate but I did work for Halifax Property Services in the UK., I was amaized that I couldn't should start selling here, as you well know its a costly training course, which I suppose cuts out all the cowboys. I am very fortunate to have secured a position with Elders Real Estate in Aberfoyle Park, which is very rewarding and I am very happy.

Well Chris, good luck with your new venture, hope all works out well for you.

Kind regards

Dawn

hi chris

congratulations on the career change, hope all is good. How have you got your certificate?, are you doing the full six weeks or are you taking part in a traineeship? I too have gone into real estate but i did work for halifax property services in the uk., i was amaized that i couldn't should start selling here, as you well know its a costly training course, which i suppose cuts out all the cowboys. I am very fortunate to have secured a position with elders real estate in aberfoyle park, which is very rewarding and i am very happy.

Well chris, good luck with your new venture, hope all works out well for you.

Kind regards

dawn

hello dawn

thanks for the support, yes a traineeship with ray white in seaford.

I am still doing the 7 weeks in one hit rather than spread over a year.

aww best of luck chris, if anyone has the gift of the gab, its definitely you :), btw that is a compliment.

Must catch up soon (feel like ive been sayin that for 2 years hahaha) xx

yeah thats true, oh my god how time travels so quickly.

Please would love to catch up soon.

Big cricket season coming up soon lol

wont say ozzie ozzie

love to all

chris & ange