OAA and short term rentals

Guest liamcnaught

Guest liamcnaught

Hi everyone

We have got our visa...hooray!! and flights are booked for November. I applied to SA government for the On Arrival Accommodation and they have told us we will receive confirmation 3 weeks before we leave. Also to organise private rental in the event that we are not successful. I am totally confused!!!!:confused:

Short term rentals seem to require a 25% deposit up front?? Is there any chance that we will find out sooner?

Anyone staying in Aberfoyle Park?? I have applied to the Church of the Nativity School for my kids and wondered if anyone can give me feedback on the area and school.

Thanks so much in advance

Lia

Hiya, you won't find out about OAA any sooner than they suggest. The reason for this is that you can have a property for up to 12 weeks, so it really depends on who moves out and when. Only 65% of people who apply will actually be granted OAA, with the priority being given to families with young children. But, you know, even if you have 4 young kids nothing is guaranteed - especially if you need a larger place. There might be a few 2 bed places, but you wouldn't get them! It's hard to make a decision. A lot of people try to book caravans or holiday parks as a cheaper alternative. We were lucky and got OAA, but quite a few people dont. Hope it works out for you xx