Hazelwood Park, any good??

Prema

Okay we have a good friend in SA, who knows a good friend who works for an estate agent, gosh that was a mouthful...

They have seen a house that ticks all my boxes, and price is well within my budget. Can anyone shed some light on the area good or bad points will be appreciated.

There holding the house for me until I arrive so I have first viewing, really grateful for that as the rental market is really mad in SA. Even if you have the dough there is no guarantee that you will even secure the property.

Prema

There is also a nice park with the local outdoor swimming pool there. Lots of good schools, choice of private or state schools. Frequent buses to the city. Burnside shopping centre and Norwood Parade for large variety of shops if you don't wish to go into town.

State schools : Linden Park Primary, Burnside Primary, Maryatville primary.

Marryatville High school, Glenunga International High School

Private schools : Lorretto College (Girls) R-12, Pembroke School (mixed) K-12, Seymour College (Girls) playgroup - 12 ( girls can start Prep at 4 or wait until 5 and go into Rec), St Ignatius Junior school (mixed) R-6, Massada College (mixed) R-7, Mary Mackillop College (Girls) yr 8-12, St Joseph Memorial R-7, St Peter's Girls (K-12)

Things to do : scouts/ guides. sport. some nice parks like Tusmore Park (has a free wading pool in summer). art classes at Hubbe Court. Ballet/dance. Gymnastics.

This area is close to the city, about 10 mins drive away, 20 mins in peak. Quick access to the freeway allowing access to the hills.

Guest David Brown

Agreed with all that, its lovely, as long as your house isn't actuallyy on Greenhill Road as it may be a little noisy, but just set back around the park and pool, lovely, some real gems there like Fergusson Square and little lanes and avenues that I bike around.

There is also a nice park with the local outdoor swimming pool there. Lots of good schools, choice of private or state schools. Frequent buses to the city. Burnside shopping centre and Norwood Parade for large variety of shops if you don't wish to go into town.

State schools : Linden Park Primary, Burnside Primary, Maryatville primary.

Marryatville High school, Glenunga International High School

Private schools : Lorretto College (Girls) R-12, Pembroke School (mixed) K-12, Seymour College (Girls) playgroup - 12 ( girls can start Prep at 4 or wait until 5 and go into Rec), St Ignatius Junior school (mixed) R-6, Massada College (mixed) R-7, Mary Mackillop College (Girls) yr 8-12, St Joseph Memorial R-7, St Peter's Girls (K-12)

Things to do : scouts/ guides. sport. some nice parks like Tusmore Park (has a free wading pool in summer). art classes at Hubbe Court. Ballet/dance. Gymnastics.

This area is close to the city, about 10 mins drive away, 20 mins in peak. Quick access to the freeway allowing access to the hills.

Guest arpy69

Thats quite a nice area but some parts get a fair bit of road noise. Thought about living in the foothills? Not much further but larger properties and gardens (and pools for the kids) at a cheaper price. There is a 4/5 bed one in Coro for sale on here, probably cheaper than you've been looking at. Just don't box yourself in at this point have a good look round first