Looking to rent a property in Southern Adelaide

Guest watts10

Guest watts10

Can anybody help? We are looking to rent a 4 bedroomed, pet friendly property in Southern Adelaide. I am a registered nurse and I will be working in Bedford Park. We are hoping to arrive at the end of May and we have had no luck at finding a rental. I have enquired about a few properties but the agents are saying that we have to view before renting. I am now wondering if it would be better to wait untill we arrive! Any advise please would be welcome!!!!

Sam x

Guest lindagarrattley

Hi

From what I can tell everyone has the same problem. I'm hoping to be in Adelaide by end of May and living around Flinders Uni, Bedford Park. Although I've been looking online, I have not been able to secure perm. accom. either. Have you tried the short term furnished accom. as a temp measure? Best wishes Linda

Guest Roo1

It is difficult to secure a rental when you are not already here. Unfortuantly for tenants to be, there are a lot of people looking to rent and all chasing the best quality rentals (there's a lot of dives out there believe me).

Property managers therefore are in the position to pick and choose the best candidate for the rental and yes, although its not said, a visual inspection of what you look like, how your kids behave etc will have some merit on who gets the rental.

Wrong maybe, but thats life.

Judi x

Guest Guest75

I agree with Judi - agents want to actually see you in general so they can judge you by your appearance.

There are a lot of shocking rentals out there - even though they look very good on the pictures.

Guest chidsey

Hi there,

We have rental going. When we arrived we had the same problem. We have been here since Oct last year and and are buying, we had to take out a 12month lease and it ends oct this year so we still have 5 months left.

Its is a villa 4 bedroom, with the living area all together with kitchen. I can send you photo's if you pm me your email address. We are 2 streets of the beach and is lovely to walk down after tea and watch the sunset.

It is in Aldinga Beach which is not far from the express way straight into the city. I deal if you are not sure where you want to stay as this will give enugh time to get to know the area and know where you want to settle.

Many Thanks

Yvette and Jamie

Yes most agents want you to view once you get here. We stayed in a short term rental and then looked once we got here to secure a long term rental. Rentals are very competive and you only get 15mins viewing with everyone else generally looking at the same time, and you never sure if your going to get it or not.

If your in a position to wait until you get here then do that.

Michelle

Guest louiesmum

Hi

When we arrived we secured a short term rental in the UK, found it on the web, although I think some members on here have rentals, not sure,then once here secured a long term rental, its a bit of a pain but then if you get a furnished rental that does until your furniture arrives or if buying new until you buy your own. Hope that helps

Guest glitter

Hi,

I worked for RAY WHITE at Flagstaff Hill for a year and a half before getting involved with my own business. I was the UK liasion person for migrants coming from the UK. They have a very pro-UK policy and are happy to deal with people from the UK via email. Im not saying they will be able to get you all rentals, however they wont put a big black mark against you for not being in the country.

Feel free to email them, they were brilliant for me when I was looking for a house and I would totally recommend them for selling a property also. For Rentals ask for Wendy, she is the Managing Director and Property Manager for Rentals.

Mention my name, Debbie, she will look after you.

For Sales its Tony - Principal of the company

They mostly get rentals in the flagstaff Hill, Aberfoyle Park, Happy Valley, Woodcroft area but all other areas too.

Email - wendy.cawte@raywhite.com

Have a look on www.realestate.com.au to see what rentals they have available

Good Luck

It can be done....

Do you know anyone over here, that could view rentals on your behalf?

I did this on behalf of friends...and the agent was more than happy to deal with them direct, once i had done the initial viewing...

They also needed a place that was pet friendly....

Guest guest3462

We got our rental via LJ Hooker in Aldinga Beach while we were still in the UK. They even let our friends get the keys before we arrived so we could get straight into the house! We did fail on a few houses though and some landlords tried being very crafty by asking for extra rent or all of the leases' rent up front and putting the monthly fee up. We droppped lucky on a brand new house and lived there for 6 months unil our own was built (we built from UK too!)

Guest watts10

Thanks for all the advice... I think we are going to have to look for a short term rental for now untill we arrive. I had no idea it would be this difficult! This is the first time I have used this forum and I have recieved alot of info very quickly which has been very useful, so thanks everyone!!!!!!

Sam xx

Not sure if this helps or not be we are going OS from the end of June to the beginning of Oct and looking to sublet a fully furnished 4 bedroom house in Brighton. Not sure if the dates fit and it is not a pet friendlly house but it has all the other amenities you could want or need. may be helpfull if you want something short term while you are looking? Let me know if you wast any more details.