Where is a good area to rent?

Guest briggsy

Guest briggsy

Hi,

Have just joined! We got our passports back a couple of weeks ago and are looking to come end of August/early September! We can't wait!!

We're a young (well still think we are in our mid-30s) and just looking for an appartment to rent initially. Want to be close to city (not sure where will be working yet), bars, restaurants and easy to get around.

My boyfriend is a huge cricket fan, so will be looking to join a club - any recommendations there as well? I am a cricket widow (but not so much of a fan), so looking for other things to do!

Any recommendations of areas/roads we should head for - or avoid are very welcome.

Guest Guest75

Hi and welcome to PIA.

I'd definitely be looking at close to the city if there are just the two of you.

Areas near Glenelg,Somerton Park,Brighton,West Beach would be great.

All on the sea front with plenty of apartments .

Good access to Glenelg night life and the train or tram into the city easily.

Welcome to PIA.

Me and Stacey were in a similar situation to yourselves when we first arrived and rented an apartment in Grenfell Street in the City. It was great, close to Rundle Street and Hutt Street which are full of bars and restaurants.

It was in the Domain bulding and had a swimming pool and gym, our's was furnished and a 1 bed, quite pricey at $350 a week but worth it for the location (and furniture, lol).

Andy

Guest louiesmum

Hi

Not been on here for ages!!! But also a good place to rent is Semaphore, close to city good transport links nr North Adelaide & Glenelg.

Its also where I live & I/we love it!!

Also maybe have a look around Seaton,West Lakes, Grange.

Also has lots of sport etc going on cricket football etc!

Good Luck

Guest briggsy

Hi,

Thanks to all of you for the tips. We had been told about Glenelg, but there are some great other ideas here. May need to also pick some of your brains about renting. I guess it's best to wait until we get there, but did anyone just do it online. What are the good agencies to work through?

Thanks

• 2 months later...
Guest briggsy

Hi all,

Thanks again for your responses. We have just 6 weeks now until we come and can't wait! Just have loads to sort out before we get here.

Been looking at areas and think CBD will suit us to start with (until we have time to really explore, know we are going to be working etc etc).

Andrew, your advice was really helpful. Did you manage to find somewhere before you come to Adelaide, or did you do it all when you arrived?

Thanks again,

Clare

Hi all,

Thanks again for your responses. We have just 6 weeks now until we come and can't wait! Just have loads to sort out before we get here.

Been looking at areas and think CBD will suit us to start with (until we have time to really explore, know we are going to be working etc etc).

Andrew, your advice was really helpful. Did you manage to find somewhere before you come to Adelaide, or did you do it all when you arrived?

Thanks again,

Clare

Hi Clare

No we actually found that apartment after we had arrived, to be honest we really didn't plan things as we should have due to other things going on and the first couple of weeks were spent in hotels and serviced apartments. We were really lucky to get the apartment when we did.

I would advise you to look at a short term rental for the first few weeks and then once you are here start looking for somewhere a bit longer term. It is pretty difficult to get a long term when you are not in the country.

There are a number of people that offer short term rentals on here, so that would be a good place to start.

Andy