Short Term Lets Under $500

Guest Bather's

Guest Bather's

Hi there

Can anyone point me in the direct of some short term lets under $500?

Im not really bothered about luxuary just want cheep for the first few weeks!! Trying to make the money go further!!!

Thanks

Danielle

Are you looking for furnished? I think you'll be pushing it at that budget, even unfurnished! Bear in mind that short term lets have higher associated costs for the landlords (cleaning, insurance if they're furnished, advertising costs etc, etc) than longer term. If you want something really cheap, why not try for a longer term unfurnished straight away? Or there are places like the Backpackers hostels I guess. Good luck, but I think when you first arrive, it's sometimes a mistake to go for something cheap and possibly grotty - you are feeling pretty shell shocked by it all anyway and the last thing you really need is to wake up in a place that is less than salubrious! Short term monetary gain maybe, but longer term emotional loss I reckon!

Agree with Diane, you really want a decent rental for the first couple of weeks, some of the cheaper ones can be real sh#tholes. Have you tried any caravan parks, they are sometimes cheaper the longer you book for, and the kids would enjoy the facilities.

Guest Carolandcraig

Check out www.homesdownunder.com.au/riverviewtarrif.html , its a lady call Tamara who has a let at $500 per week and its fully furnished. We stayed there for our first four weeks and is a ideal starting place. Its also located 10mins for the train station, shops and local beach. Included in the price is all untilities and an internet connection with unlimited free calls local and overseas.

hope this helps.

Guest glitter

We came to adelaide and rented a very basic little 3 bedroom house in Hwthorndene. It was old fashioned, cold and dingy but did the job. If I was having a really weak day, ie. missing parents, friends etc then the house really got me down. Dont get any old rubbish when you get here it can make or break you. Most people give up EVERYTHING to start fresh here and struggling in a dreadful rental doesnt help. The first 6 months are hard. The first 2 years are a real test too. Get yourself in a half decent rental in a nice area with lots of things close to hand - it will really help with the transistion from your old life to your new.

Lots of real estate companies have short terms pop up.

One I know of at the moment near me is

50 Dunalbyn Drive, Aberfoyle Park

50 DUNALBYN DRIVE, Aberfoyle Park, SA 5159 - House for Rent #404247102 - realestate.com.au

Aberfoyle Park is a good area, huge shopping complex, lots of schools to choose from, main roads close to hand, great bus service. Check it out, but dont live in a shack for the short term, it will get you down.

Good Luck:wubclub: